Airport transit visa via Frankfurt

Transit Visa Not Required if traveling on AP, got reply .......

Hi Guys,

I got reply back from German consulate NY today, read this.

You do not need a transit visa with a valid US advance parole paper.

Visa Department
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Phone: (212) 610-9738
Fax: (212) 610-9702

I'm traveling in Oct'06 on AP, and now i'll keep a copy of this email with me just in case some one asks me. But now, i'm least bothered about my Transit Visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back from India (08/19) Via FrankFurt and I used AP, No questions asked and no transit Visa required. I showed them my AP when going through my passport. Do not worry when you have a valid approved, Un-expired AP.

Have a Nice Trip

Vamshi

I am taking a flight out via Germany to India in a week's time. I guess the policy would not have changed by now. I have a valid AP and expired visa. Reading above, I do not need a transit visa. Anyone can confirm here?

Yes. I recently went AirIndia via Frankfurt. IF you have avalid AP not issues, just show them that. Also, on the German consulate site, it is specified under exception.. if you want to carry a printout.

Any Link

Yes. I recently went AirIndia via Frankfurt. IF you have avalid AP not issues, just show them that. Also, on the German consulate site, it is specified under exception.. if you want to carry a printout.

Hi GCDream05,

Searched the german consulate website but couldn't locate this information. Could you please provide a direct link? (if you still have it)

Thanks,
Ram

My Experience...and the link..

Hi GCDream05,

Searched the german consulate website but couldn't locate this information. Could you please provide a direct link? (if you still have it)

Thanks,
Ram

I traveled to India recently (left Dec and back in Jan), had no issues at the Frankfurt airport at all.

When I left from here, I was going to my home country and showed Advance Parole document only when coming back. The document has to be shown obviously at all airports: India, Frankfurt and here in US.

Here's the direct link: http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/countrylist.html#except4

Copy of this specific ruling:
- are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (this includes advance paroles, but not approval notices), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit

or

- after a legal stay in the USA (this includes holders of valid approval notices), Canada or Switzerland- return to the country whose citizenship they hold

do not need an airport transit visa.

If you are still in doubt whether you need an airport transit visa, do not hesitate to call the German mission which serves your place of residence in the US.
Although this information has been prepared with utmost care, the we can not accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.

Again, this is specific to India and Turkey only. Please clarify for other contry as the case may be.

Thanks

Hi eb1b2006,

Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for!! Just in case!!!

Many Thanks,
Ram

Yes ,that is right.I checked with them and they told me that if you are an Indian citizen you can travel via Frankfurt with your AP and you don't need a transit visa.This change is w.e.f 1/8/07.

Dear friends,

Any one recently travelled by Lufthansa Airlines to India (from USA), with valid H1B approval from USCIS and NO VISA Stamping in the passport?

Do I need to take Transit VISA for this? As I am planning to attend for a stamping in India.

Thanks

I am plan flying AIR India in December' 07 Los Angeles-Frankfurt-Delhi.

I have valid H1B approval from USCIS but VISA has expired? I called AIr India and was told I will need transit visa if I don't have US visa and just have valid I-94. Person on call didn't have any idea about what approval notice is.

Do I need to take Transit VISA for this? As I am planning to attend for a stamping in India.

Thanks

Flying Air India - Transit in Frankfurt Visa expired

I am plan flying AIR India in December' 07 Los Angeles-Frankfurt-Delhi.

I have valid H1B approval from USCIS but VISA has expired? I called AIr India and was told I will need transit visa if I don't have US visa and just have valid I-94. Person on call didn't have any idea about what approval notice is.

Plz assist....

Thanks