Airport transit visa via Frankfurt

goodyearahead

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Did anyone travelled to India recently i.e., 2006 vis Frankfurt, Germanay? Because the website says that Indian citizens travelling on AP would require an airport transit visa but when I contact the consulate in chicago by e-mail they sent me a pdf document which is issued in January 2006 that Indian citizens travelling on AP DO NOT REQUIRE an airport transit visa. It looks like this is a recent change. I have enclosed the document in this message. If anyone has travelled by AP via Frankfurt pls let us know your experience.

Thanks,
Goodyearahead

Dear friends,

Any one recently travelled by Lufthansa Airlines to India (from USA), with valid H1B approval from USCIS and NO VISA Stamping in the passport?

Do I need to take Transit VISA for this? As I am planning to attend for a stamping in India.

Thanks

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Need Airport Transit Visa To Go To India.
Need Airport Transit Visa To Go To Us From India Through Germany.

The Site Explains Like That.
Correct Me If I Am Wrong.

Thanks

Sathya

You do not need transit visa to go to home country (India)
You do not need transit visa to got USA if your passport has valid visa.

BUUUUTTTT
YOU need Transit VISA to go to USA if you travel with AP and do not have a valid Visa in Passport. I am falling in this categiry.

I am going to get transit visa.

Help!!!!

Yes. Baby is correct. If your passport has a valid visa then you dont need a transit visa. Otherwise You need a transit visa.

Also Baby please tell us your experience in getting Transit visa. I am also going to get one for my wife. she is leaving July 23rd 2006. I am going to get in Atlanta.

I will also post my experience.

Thanks
Sathya

Last edited by a moderator:
I called german consulate last month and they told that if you are travelling with Advance Parole docuemnt then you don't need transit Visa.

Transit visa to Germany

Snippet from Genrmay website..

"after a legal stay in the USA, Canada or Switzerland- return to the country whose citizenship they hold
do not need an airport transit visa."

I am in USA and stay is legal, visa in passport expired, have an approved h1 extension and citizen of India. I understood the first part of the above statement, but the second part - "whose citizenship they hold do not need an airport transit visa " - I am not clear. on the top of the page they have provided - a List of contries whose citizens do need a airport transit visa - and India is included.

http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/countrylist.html

Can anyone please provide more info?

Thanks,

Prasad

Recently my went to India via Frankfurt on AP(air india). She didn't had transit visa. You no need to have transit visa.

Transit Visa

Yes. The person who has a valid - approved Travel document do not need transit visa.

I went to the German Consulate (Atlanta - GA) this morning (07-05-2006). They checked the AP (Travel document) and said no need to get transit visa. Also they gave a letter and striked the word (Approval notice is not sufficient) and signed. Also they told me that in case if they ask show this signed document.

But I believe that person who has AP and confirmed return ticket do not have any problem to come back to US.

Thanks
Sathya

Satya,

I think you better to have transit visa if you do not have valid visa in passport and comming to US with AP.

If do not have transit visa, do they let you board plane in India??? What if they do not let you board plane in India.

It is very clear, when you go to home country you do not need a transi visa.

Transit Visa

Baby

I am not sure whether they let you board plane in India or not. Transit visa issue is only with Germany. I went to the German Consolate - They said you dont need transit visa.

I am not sure whether India will let me boarding plane in India by considering the AP issued by USCIS even though if i dont have a valid visa.

AP is mainly a permit to enter into US when your I-485 is on hold by USCIS.

I am not sure what Indian consulate want us to do?
Then where should i take Transit visa and for which country.

Please advice if i am wrong. Please let me know soon since i am planning to leave this country on July 23 - 2006.

Thanks
Sathya

I went to India in Feb 2006 and came back in Lufthansa with valid AP and expired visa without any Transit visa.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE TRANSIT VISA FOR GERMANY IF YOU HAVE VALID ADVANCE PAROLE.

I did send email to German embassy in Washington, DC and they said I do not need one also.

Mgk,

In India and Germany, do they create any kind of problems to get onto plane because we do not have a valid Visa in passport and using AP to enter to US.

Air Plane agents in India or Germany, do they know anything about AP?? However, the pdf file that is attached to this thread does not say anything about AP. How can someone say AP travellers do not transit visa.

I am in full confusion. Any way I am going to Germany embaby next week.

In chennai and Frankfurt they checked my PP and found I did not have valid US visa then I showed my AP, no problems afterwards.

If you are still not convinced sent email to German Embassy and they will reply you for first time after that I think they are tired of us asking same questions so they do not reply.

Transit Visa

Hi all,

No Panic. The AP explains that if the person do not have visa and have this AP document they can board in and get into US.

Please read the AP document. It explains clearly about no visa on passport.

NOTE: Lines from AP document
Presentation os this document will authorize a transportation line to accept the names bearer on board for travel to the United States without liability under section 273 of the immigration and Nationality Act for bringing an alien
who does not have a visa.

Thanks
Sathya

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Friends,
I have sent an e-mail to German consulate and got a precise,clear and formal reply.See attached document.According to this, with AP you can travel BOTH ways via Frankfurt.

The gentlemen says in his e-mail "within the validity of your advance parole you are good to go without an airport transit visa on both ways."

Also attached document says very clearly that AP holders are exempted from this.
Hope this helps.
Regards

Thanks to AVSRK

Many thanks to AVSRK. Just in time, good info ..I am travelling to India on next Monday with 7 th year H1 Extension..

goodyearahead said:
Hello,

Did anyone travelled to India recently i.e., 2006 vis Frankfurt, Germanay? Because the website says that Indian citizens travelling on AP would require an airport transit visa but when I contact the consulate in chicago by e-mail they sent me a pdf document which is issued in January 2006 that Indian citizens travelling on AP DO NOT REQUIRE an airport transit visa. It looks like this is a recent change. I have enclosed the document in this message. If anyone has travelled by AP via Frankfurt pls let us know your experience.

Thanks,
Goodyearahead

If Indian passport holder transit frankfurt within 24 hours, it is not necessary to have visa. I worked for Lufthsansa before and I remember a lot of indian passengers asked the same questions.:) Have a great trip.

Hi Everyone,

We are visiting India for 2-3 weeks and we are using Advanced Parole to enter to US and we are traveling via Frankfurt, Germany.

Just today I have talked to Germany consulate they said I have to take transit visa from India for return trip to US.

I have gone through many threads on this topic, nobody said anything about this. Is this new rule??

I also visited chenni (Germany) consulate website and they do not have option for transit visa. Do I have to go to Delhi?? I live in Hyderabad. We are traveling with two kids.

Don't complicate things man!

What's the hell india has to do giving you a transit visa. India is your destination, not a country you are touching in your transit.

I think you might have confused the german guys enough ;-) to get a stupid answer.

I've been to the website, and there is no mention of Advance Parole AS OF NOW, though someone attached the PDF document stating so. I mailed them, and will see what they say.