AILA: July 2, 2007, DOS Notice to USCIS Regarding EB Visa Availability

StillAlive

Registered Users (C)
This is from Aila.org, has anybody got more information on this.

"July 2, 2007, State Department Notice to USCIS Regarding EB Visa Availability"

Here it is

According to the State Department, from October 1, 2006 through May 30, 2007, the USCIS requested and was authorized the total EB visa numbers of 66,426. Between June 1 and the first few days of July (?), the USCIS requested and was authorized over 60,000 EB visa numbers, in approximately one month. Since it has been made clear by the USCIS that during the last weekend of June (2 days) the USCIS approved 25,000 EB 485 applications, apparently over 40,000 visa numbers were requested and authorized before the weekend. Obviously the 60,000 plus cases must thus have been approved (?) in one month. Hmm........................................................................

source: www.immigration-law.com

Can anybody find one of those 25,000 lucky people

I think they ran an automated script or job to allocate visa numbers to pending cases. We need to see the job log to find if it really worked :)

Hope to see some outcome soon.

I am thinking - people from India/China/Mexico/Philly may be scared of revealing.....

looks at shusterman.com ....he is the only lawyer who confirmed getting dozen approvals....confirming the theory that July Visa Bulletin was effective for 1 second or 1 day in July!
>>>>>>
SILVER LINING ON THE JULY VISA BULLETIN

July 4, 2007

Believe it or not, there is a silver lining to the July Visa Bulletin Cloud.

The Visa Bulletin pushed the CIS into approving 60,000 applications for adjustment in matter of weeks. Today we received dozens of approvals for persons whose visa numbers became current on July 1st.
What's more, some important members of congress are hopping mad about the immigrants playing by the rules who were double crossed by the government. Representative Zoe Lofgren, Chair of the House of Immigration Subcommittee wrote letters to DHS Secretary Chertoff and DOS Secretary Rice expressing her displeasure and urging them not to revise the July Visa Bulletin.
>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly my question. Why didn't any one of us get lucky? At least someone out of those 25,000 would have reported here.

updated news (another spin)

According to the State Department, from October 1, 2006 through May 30, 2007, the USCIS requested and was authorized the total EB visa numbers of 66,426. Between June 1 and the first few days of July (?), the USCIS requested and was authorized over 60,000 EB visa numbers, in approximately one month. Since it has been made clear by the USCIS that during the last weekend of June 30 and July 1 (2 days) the USCIS approved 25,000 EB 485 applications, apparently over 40,000 visa numbers were requested and authorized before the weekend in a period of less than one month. Obviously the 60,000 plus cases must thus have been approved (?) in one month. Unconformed sources indicate that they processed and approved (?) a substantial number of applications on Sunday, July 1, exhausting the EB numbers by July 1 and making the EB number unavailable not from July 1 but from July 2, 2007. It is interesting that even before the legal team initiates any discovery, the truth starts coming out of the cabinet a bit by bit.

Source: www.immigration-law.com

Definitely, looks like they approved - as pointed out by Shusterman.com - some applications on July 1.....They may all get Green Cards with July 1 as the starting date most likely!

Putting 2 and 2 together

Even before the news of using 60,000 visas came out there were rumors floating around that USCIS would try to do buk approvals in the end of June.

See this thread started by dbwr on June 18 ...
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=253833&highlight="bulk+approvals+july"

This proves that USCIS was planning to do bulk approvals in mid June.

There has been sufficient coverage around how USCIS utilized the numbers by doing bulk approvals in the last 48 hours of June.

BUT WHERE ARE THOSE APPROVALS :(

That means, we will see lot of approvals for EB3 and EB2 who are current in July and I 485 are approvable stage.

God knows this mess up !!

According to the State Department, from October 1, 2006 through May 30, 2007, the USCIS requested and was authorized the total EB visa numbers of 66,426. Between June 1 and the first few days of July (?), the USCIS requested and was authorized over 60,000 EB visa numbers, in approximately one month. Since it has been made clear by the USCIS that during the last weekend of June 30 and July 1 (2 days) the USCIS approved 25,000 EB 485 applications, apparently over 40,000 visa numbers were requested and authorized before the weekend in a period of less than one month. Obviously the 60,000 plus cases must thus have been approved (?) in one month. Unconformed sources indicate that they processed and approved (?) a substantial number of applications on Sunday, July 1, exhausting the EB numbers by July 1 and making the EB number unavailable not from July 1 but from July 2, 2007. It is interesting that even before the legal team initiates any discovery, the truth starts coming out of the cabinet a bit by bit.

Source: www.immigration-law.com

I guess

That's exactly my question. Why didn't any one of us get lucky? At least someone out of those 25,000 would have reported here.

definitely more approvals to come. Out of 25000 if you don't find handful of Desi guys is even remotely possible.

prq20, this is what i found in the LOG.....

UPDATE 485_GOD_DAM_PENDING_APPS SET
STATUS='APPROVED',
NEXT_STATUS='ORDER_CARD',
COLOR='GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEENN'
TENSION='RELIEVED'
WHERE ROWNUM < 25000..

:}}}

If this is true - the funny thing....is lot of people on this forum were assuming that their cases got approved without namecheck....that seems to be out of window now....

If the real story is that USCIS only approved 25,000 cases (12.5k dependents including) based on July Visa Bulletin.....I very much doubt that USCIS cannot find 12.5k applications from India/China with namecheck clearance - with PD's current!

So, the theory of namecheck not being done - is definitely out the window!
The number of 12.5k is miniscule for Ind/China with PD's being current

If this is true - the funny thing....is lot of people on this forum were assuming that their cases got approved without namecheck....that seems to be out of window now....

If the real story is that USCIS only approved 25,000 cases (12.5k dependents including) based on July Visa Bulletin.....I very much doubt that USCIS cannot find 12.5k applications from India/China with namecheck clearance - with PD's current!

So, the theory of namecheck not being done - is definitely out the window!
The number of 12.5k is miniscule for Ind/China with PD's being current

valid point. but at this time it's also a speculation

EB3 india, Sept 2003 PD approved 1st july

not sure if this was in error or if for 1 day july bulletin was effective. Praying to god. i485 filing date Dec 04

Congrats, that is my guess too, they must have assigned/approved visa numbers to lot of people on July 1st from July VB eligible candidates.

My question is did they approved all 25K cases on last day or merely assigned the numbers and we can expect approval here and then like you from now?

not sure if this was in error or if for 1 day july bulletin was effective. Praying to god. i485 filing date Dec 04

Based on the information from the members who have called TSC and spoke with IO's, it seems like lot of the cases are assigned to officers(which could mean that the approval is dates June 30th or July 1st) with no online update or email to the beneficiary but eventually they will send the card and approval notices in these three months. So, all the 25,000 visas they approved on June 30th and July 2nd haven't reached applicants.