After PR approval, how do you arrange to visit home country ASAP?

timmy_d11

Registered Users (C)
My wife is REALLY excited about being freed to be able to come and go (go and come, actually!) to her former country to spend time with family -

my question is, where do I begin? How do we get approval on her passport? Will she keep her Colombian passport? How much does it cost to situate her passport?

timmy_d11 said:
How do we get approval on her passport? Will she keep her Colombian passport? How much does it cost to situate her passport?

Congratulations to you and your wife, by the way.

There's no cost, nor will she give up her Colombian passport. She needs to make an Infopass appointment to get an I-551 stamp on the passport. She will most likely get the card itself in 30 days, and the stamp is by no means guaranteed since most offices don't give it out now. But you are welcome to try.

Once she has the GC she will just use that in conjunction with her Colombian passport to come and go through immigration. She is not a US citizen so does not get a US passport.

Her green card should come any day now. She can travel with that. To get stamp, schedule an Infopass. (if they give it at your DO, they did at mine, but some places don't anymore), take Welcome Notice and passport and get stamp. Tim.. if you call the toll-free number, there is an option that you can select that discusses what to do if you are aprroved. Maybe that will shed a little more light. I am ectastic for your wife. God bless her and her family. Yours too!!! :)

Thanks so much everyone!

Yeah she's very happy and I'm expecting a lot better mood and behavior out of her now!

:p