After pp stamping, do I need visa to visit Canada or Europe?

fizk

Registered Users (C)
Someone told me I dont need visa to visit Canada and Europe after pp stamping, is that true?

fizk

GC Holders:

For Canada, no Visa required
For Europe: Visa required, just like before unless you hold passport of a country participating in the visa-waiver program.

I've also heard that GC holders can get UK visa once they arrive at a UK airport. Is that true?

until you become citizen you are better advised to get your visa for everywhere before you start travelling(except for Canada and your own country).Once you are citizen you don't need visa for most of the countries except Asian countries

Hello everyone here

GC means "Permanent Resident". Does this mean that one with this status, do not need Visa to visit some of these countries?

I am thinking that this type is valid for US Citizens only. But anyway thanks for the discussion here.

With the above discussion, I understand that, there is no need for "Visa" to visit CANADA and SWITZERLAND for persons with PR/GC status.

Am I right? Did anyone with PR status visited these countries personally? Please share personal experience.

For the benefit of others and ofcourse me (who are with current/ future GC Status), can anyone tell, are there any other countries, which fall in line with the above mentioned countries, do not need VISA for visiting?

Reply please. Thanks in advance.

another question

There's nothing in the pp stamp that indicates it's a stamp by US INS. Do airport officials in other countries (origin/transit) recognize this?

I know airport officers in India used to validate my H1 visa stamp for authenticity. If I travel with the stamp but before getting the card, do I need to carry 485 approval letters with me?