After Green Card: Asylum U.S Citizenship Questions

Well, as an asylee, on your greencard is 1 year before the actual date you are approved for the greencard. For example, I was approved for my greencard on 27 March 2006, but on the greencard it says that I am a permanent resident from 27 March 2005, because asylees' greencards are backdated 1 year (you get 1 year FREE). So, technically, you wait only 4 years from when your greencard is approved because you get the 5th year free. Make sense?

Exact Date Needed

Hello all,

I am a little bit confused. My GC says: Issued 8/17/05.

When should I begin filling the paper work?

Do you know how much it cost per person?

Thank you!

I got GC in June 2008 and it was backdated to June 2007. I wanted to know if my continuous residence and physical presence requirements counts from the 2007. I made trips multiple trips that did not last more than six months on each trip due to travel for business. If I add all the trips separately together for the five years it doesn't exceed 365 days. Is this a probelm? Also do I count only trips after my GC was approved in 2008? or I have to list all trips from 2007 since GC was back dated based on Asylee one year roll back provision? Most trips in 2007 I traveled on RTD and admitted as asylee before my GC approval in 2008. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You also get a 90 day head start, for example if your GC says Resident since 04-01-2006 you can file your N-400 90 days before that date in January.