after getting the green card, help!!

phfa77

Registered Users (C)
Hi
my asylum has been approved in january 2007 and I'm supposed to apply for green card january 2008.
does anybody know how long will that process take and after getting the green card can I apply for my mother to copme here to USA, and on what basis? visitor visa? or what?
I'm from Iraq by the way
thank you all

after getting the green card can I apply for my mother to copme here to USA, and on what basis? visitor visa? or what?

Becoming a Permanent Resident gives you no new options regarding your parents. Your mother can come on a visitor's visa, provided she can convince the embassy and the POE that she will return back to Iraq. I am unsure how likely that will be.

If you wish to sponsor your mother for Permanent Residence, you must become a citizen.

Hi
my asylum has been approved in january 2007 and I'm supposed to apply for green card january 2008.
does anybody know how long will that process take and after getting the green card can I apply for my mother to copme here to USA, and on what basis? visitor visa? or what?
I'm from Iraq by the way
thank you all

it is really crazy and unhuman for asylees that parents cant get derivative status only children and wife.they must make exceptions for asylees.because we cant visit our homes even after greencard ..u can only invite parents through b2,h1,f1 . eventhough you get your greencard it wont help . i invited my mom with B2 . but My sister was denied last year :D . You will get your greencard in 1 year .if your namecheck gets through . especially if you are from iraq it might take forever:rolleyes: i think this country owes u more than greencard

Last edited by a moderator: