*** After 140 approval & Before case sent to consulate

When can I expect my CP interview at Chennai

I got my I140 approval last week . Can anyone who has gone through the process tell me how long it takes from the time I140 get approved to Cp Interview Date at Chennai. All I need a rough estimate. Is it close to 8- 9 months or close to 5 - 6 months.

I appreciate any reply. May be LocalMadras can answer this.

kant:)

Non-availability proforma

Originally posted by kant
I got my I140 approval last week . Can anyone who has gone through the process tell me how long it takes from the time I140 get approved to Cp Interview Date at Chennai. All I need a rough estimate. Is it close to 8- 9 months or close to 5 - 6 months.

I appreciate any reply. May be LocalMadras can answer this.

kant:)

Congrats on your I-140 approval.

The time line is not a constant, and varies from case to case.
Having said that, the general duration seems to be 5 to 6 months.

Come aboard!

Guys,

Here is a scanned copy of the actual Non-availabity certificate for birth that I obtained. This should be of some use to members.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Can fight back in US and not India

Rajeev and AJ,

The following US embassy sites list different legitimate cases of "Why are immigrant visa cases refused? ". If the visa officer declines becasuse of one of these issues you have time to get back with documents.
http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhifaq.html

An individual will get all the above said benefits in US also. But if your case is more complicated, an individual can fight back using a good attorney in USA. If the individual is in India and there are major complications, then the individual is by himself and at the mercy of the visa officer discretion.

Gist of this posting: if an individual case is complicated, it will be wise to do AOS (I-485) instead of Consular Processing.

Thanks.

I 140 approved and starting CP

Hello I am joining this thread:

My details are below..

PD 04/01 EB 2 RIR
LC Approved : 04/02
140 Approved: 12/12/02 VSC

CP at Chennai..

Looking forward to sharing information with all of you..

Good Luck

Message to Rajeev Kumar:

Hi Rajeev :

It looks like our processing will follow each others closely (I know it is an assumption given the variation in the processing times).

If you wish to keep in touch on this matter, please feel free to mail me at

dnair@yahoo.com

Good luck ..

Sri-IL

Have you received the bill fee from NVC yet ?

I have not got anything so far. I called NVC. They say that I should get it within 4 - 6 weeks from Dec 2nd. I don't understand why is 'Dec 2nd'?

My current project is getting over in June 03. Can I expect interview with New Delhi embassy before June !

spp2000

spp2000

rcvd fee bill and sent fees to st .louis.

I think NVC processed yr fee bill notice on dec 2nd. so they would have said the same accordingly.You will get the same this week positively.

dont worry ..u can expect interview before june...

ALL CPers waiting for the interview!!!

pl Input info in one thread rather than opening so many threads. By which, no body misses any information and useful for everybody.

Maybe we can have sub threads for CP proceess like this after 140 approval.

1) Details before fee bill generion
2) Details after fee bill and before packet 3 generation
3) Details after packet 3 geneartion till case sent to consulate
4) Interview at respective CP/month ex: chennai/march,mumbai/april etc.
5) Interview experiences
5) POE & Plastic Card tracker.

Thus there will be some 5-10 threads where everybody can get all info. Now, As More threads are created, Older threads goes to next page and I doubt whether anybody looks into the same.

Comments from Leila & othere CPers pl.

Sri

Thanks CPdelhi for the delhi consulate website containing immigration FAQ.
It looks like they say if your 140 is approved, you can submit for CP and if all the conditions are fulfilled, at the discretion of consulate, they can accept the cases. So I am planning to use that info to file directly at the consulate rather than going through the NVC.

I hope it works.

Thanks,
AJ

where did u see that info AGW ??

you will be screwing your case completely.. anyhow its your case..all the best.

Originally posted by agw
Thanks CPdelhi for the delhi consulate website containing immigration FAQ.
It looks like they say if your 140 is approved, you can submit for CP and if all the conditions are fulfilled, at the discretion of consulate, they can accept the cases. So I am planning to use that info to file directly at the consulate rather than going through the NVC.

I hope it works.

Thanks,
AJ

Shortcuts don't work always

AJ,

DON'T try to bypass the process. You are endangering your case if you are going to use the shortcut. Make sure you consult an attorney before you proceed with sending docs directly to US consulate in your home country.

Take steps with caution...

Good Luck.

Message to dmn1

I-140 approved 12/12/02 EB2 RIR VSC
CP @New Delhi
we should be sailing along fairly similarly, look fohwahd to your posts.

Packet 3 created at NVC

Case Progress under the New NVC Consular Processing Process.
Opted for Consular Processing at New Delhi.
I-140 Approval Date: Oct 15th, 2002
NVC Case created: Oct 30th, 2002
NVC sends request for fees: Nov 11th, 2002
Request received: Nov 15th, 2002
Cashier check sent to St. Louis: Dec 4th, 2002
NVC-Portsmouth creates packet 3: Dec 23rd, 2002

Current Status: Waiting to receive Packet 3 at Attorney's office

Thanks

cpDelhi

cpDelhi:

When was your cashier's check cashed after that when did St. Louis notify New Hampshire that your check was cashed.

I sent my P3 bill to Saint Lous on Dec 7th, they got it on 9th. My Cashier's check has still not been cashed. I have already sent the I-864 form filled to New Hampshire on Dec. 10th. I am waiting for P3.

-Guccidkny

Cashier's check

I am expecting fee bill from NVC. Could you please let me know what name the check/moner order should be in favor of? I want to send it to my attorney in advance to avoid further delay.

cpmycp

cpmycp :

You can send either a cashier's check or a money order in the name of "Department of State".

-Guccidkny

dId any of you had to file I-824 to use CP or is it automatic if you dont file for I-485?
My I-140 AD 12/12/02 EB3 LC Substitution
I am planning to opt for CP at Chennai.
I am getting married in april. Do I have to wait until then to file for I-824, or Can I file it and then add my wife later when i receive packet 3?
Thanks

Update....

Friends,

Here is the update on my case ( cptracker, also updated ).

I-140
PD : 01/29/2001
AD : 11/04/2002

Attorney received hard copy: 11/11/2002
NVC received the case : 11/12/2002

Fee bill received by Attorney: 11/26/2002
Fee sent out by " : 12/02/2002

Fee delivered at St.Louis : 12/03/2002
NVC confirms the fee receipt : 12/23/2002
Check cashed : 12/26/2002

Now I have to wait for the Packet 3.

Raju