• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit support & Administrative processing

mafmaf

Registered Users (C)
Hello all, Just some questions...

Does anyone know how long does it take to process the affidavit support? Should i ask my supporter now or when the day my CN being current is approaching...

I have read on some threads about 'administrative processing' or 'name check'... Is that for everyone or for some people?

I really appreciate your reply...

Does anyone know how long does it take to process the affidavit support?
do you mean - how long it takes to fill out, sign and notarize it? about 20 minutes. You need to bring it to the interview.

Security check is for some people. If you read through the forum, you'll see it's already been discussed.

do you mean - how long it takes to fill out, sign and notarize it? about 20 minutes. You need to bring it to the interview.

Security check is for some people. If you read through the forum, you'll see it's already been discussed.

Dear LucyMo,

As for Affidavit of Support I have a question;
My Uncle lives in Dallas,TX and he is permanent resident in US ..also have a reegular job there. Since my family and me are lucky to have DV2008 NL...question..
In what way he can help me in order to provide Affidavit of Support ?..Also what he has to do for that ? Will it cost him anything ?

Thanks

if he has sufficient income (take 100% of poverty line) and if he agrees to sign the affidavit - agreeing to support you for three years - then he'll download form I-134, fill it out, get it notarized (free or minimal fee of several dollars), attach all required documentation and send it to you.

if he has sufficient income (take 100% of poverty line) and if he agrees to sign the affidavit - agreeing to support you for three years - then he'll download form I-134, fill it out, get it notarized (free or minimal fee of several dollars), attach all required documentation and send it to you.

Dear LucyMo,

thanks for your kind answer..can you advise if there are othere means of support ..like real estate ( flat, land property..) ..can it be owned by one of mine family memebers..father,mother, sisiter....

also I am in situation where my born sister own a house which she rents to US Embassy directly and has a legal contract with them ..can this help and how ?

Lets say we get GC...what next ? Is tehre any formal instruction from US Embassy or guidence ? We can make a choice where to go ?

best regards,

once you enter the US with your immigrant visa, you are free to go anywhere you want.

You cannot use other people's assets to demonstrate your financial stability. You can show your own property which can be liquidated prior to your departure from your country, so that the proceeds could be used to support you in the US and so that you don't ask for public assistance.