• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support?

DV2007-SA

Registered Users (C)
Hello All, first, congratulations for being selected for this great opportunity! I was selected for the DV-2007 and am doing AOS. I'm scheduled for my interview next Monday and have all documents except for the Affidavit of Support. I presently have F-1 status as I'm completing my MBA. For all AOS cases in this forum, do you need the Affidavit? Also, what form # is on the USCIS website?

Thanks for your help,
DV2007-SA

you don't need an affidavit, if you can otherwise show that you will not become public charge. Good education, fluent English, good job prospects in the future, money in the bank - all good proof.

Other than that - form I-134.

Thank you LucyMo...I'll be taking my degrees (High School and Bachelors) plus proof of my studies on a MBA program + a bit of savings for the interview. Thanks again...

affidavit of support

what is the expected value on my sponsor statement of account
hw many years of tax staement should be sent by my sponsor
can two sponsor come together as one for my case and what should they send to me
bimbo

What can i do if on my doc. i have my name as ONIFADE Abimbola iyiola and on my application i have it as ONIFADE Bimbo iyiola the mistake came from who applied for me
pls, tell mi wat to do my interview is closer
BIMBO

correct the forms at the interview before you sign anything.

the amount of money your sponsor needs to show depends on his family size and on your family size. Refer to form I-864P for amounts. Take 100% of poverty size. You will need affidavit I-134 though.

Thanks For The Reply But The Name On My Passpost Reads Onifade Bimbo Iyiola And Is There Any Form To B Filled On Interview Date? Moreso,can I Tell Them On Int.day That Smone Applied For Me That,that Is The Cause Of The Problem.

My Sponsor"s Family Size Is Herself And Her Two Boys 8 And 11years Of Age And She Declear Abit Above 16thousand Usd. Can I Use That And My Family Is My Wife And Myself

I think it's a complete Hocus! for that price you will be luck if you get the air plane ticket and stay for couple of months somewhere!

I-134

Hi i don't have lottery visas or anything but i read that you all were discussing about form I-134 Affidavit of Support. I am filling this form out for my cousin who will be a foregin student in the US. I have a few questions to ask:
I am a sole business owner and self employed. Besides filling out this form, can i have additional information sent along with the form please?
Also i am married but my husband work by himself, would i need to include him as a person partially or wholly dependent on me? How should i put him down in the form? I think this question refers to number 8 in the form.

This is my first experience filling out this form please help me as much as you could thank you i really appreciate it.
My email is mquynhvy@yahoo.com if anyone want to personally contact me.

It may help to send along to your cousin:
*Your tax transcripts; available free from the IRS or copy of your 1040.
*Also a letter from your bank stating when the account was opened and latest account balance; preferably signed by a bank staff.
*Certainly a copy of your immigration paper [green card/American passport].
*Letter of support for the student.
You don't need to include your husband in the form

My Sponsor"s Family Size Is Herself And Her Two Boys 8 And 11years Of Age And She Declear Abit Above 16thousand Usd. Can I Use That And My Family Is My Wife And Myself

find a form I-864P. Look in the 100% of poverty level column for a household of 5 people.

Affidavit of Support Form I-134 or I-864 which is preferable?

Ladies/Gents,
I will appreciate if anyone can guide me correctly on this: My sponsor prepared I-864. I was thinking it suppose to be I-134. Is anyone with correct idea on this? He is my (Relative) uncle. Can either of them be used? I will be glad for your guide.

Hi soken02000,

The following quote is taken from I-864 instruction:

What Is the Purpose of This Form?(I-864)

This form is required for most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants to show that they haveadequate means of financial support and that they are notlikely to become a public charge.

I don't know much about affidavit of support because I didn't submit it. But, I checked my old DV-2004 instruction, and it says
"sworn affidavit of support from the sponsor(I-134)."

you don't need an affidavit, if you can otherwise show that you will not become public charge. Good education, fluent English, good job prospects in the future, money in the bank - all good proof.

Other than that - form I-134.

Dear LucyMO, if we can show our money in the bank much higher than 2007 Poverty Guideline (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html), do we still need to complete form I-134?. As usual thanks for your advice.