• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support

Dekhqon

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!

My wife and I have won at green card lottery (DV2006). But we have difficulty with the “Affidavit of support” (i-134 form. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm) because the Almaty Consular center in Kazakhstan requires the Affidavit. And my single friend in USA does not prepare it for me, because he is only one year in US. We are very agitated about this situation and we would like to ask, is it possible to find somebody, who can help us with preparation of “i-134” if we are have not anybody in United States? May be some organization could prepare the “Affidavit of support” for us? In general, is it possible to find in Internet somebody who will do it for us?

hi
you better find a job offer. I do not think anyone who doese not know accept to be your sponsor.

Regads
:confused:

if your single friend has enough income and is willing to sign an affidavit, it doesn't matter how long he has been in the States.

LucyMO said:
if your single friend has enough income and is willing to sign an affidavit, it doesn't matter how long he has been in the States.

Thank you for your answers!

As I know the rules of "i-134" requires 3 years of legal residence :( Anyway, Thanks!

where did you get that information?

there is nothing in the affidavit and the instructions in it about the three years of residence that is required.

LucyMO said:
where did you get that information?

there is nothing in the affidavit and the instructions in it about the three years of residence that is required.

You are right!!!

I have read the rules of Affidavit. As I understand he does not want to do it for me.

Thank you!

well, perhaps, he saw that he'd be responsible for you for three years if you became a public charge. Not everybody would be willing to do that. Sorry. Or, maybe, he misread it.

did you go to www.ulitka.com yet? See you there!

I posted this qs on another thread. Would appreciate any advice.

My girlfriend from Poalnd won the lottery. I am currently working in the US on an H1-B Visa.

My Questions:
1. Can I be her sponsor and provide an I134 for her or does it have to be a US Citizen or a Green card holder.

2. Can more than two people be sponsors for her. My friend who is a greencard holder also wants to provide her with sponsorship.

Would appreciate your advice.

agarwalat said:
My Questions:
1. Can I be her sponsor and provide an I134 for her or does it have to be a US Citizen or a Green card holder.

2. Can more than two people be sponsors for her. My friend who is a greencard holder also wants to provide her with sponsorship.

1. As I know you could be her sponsor.

2. Yes, but why? It would be good, if your friend (green card holder) will provide her with sponsorship.

Also, you must mean that I can be mistaken...

I see that you have find a big credence here and at "Ulitka"! :)

I am Fletcher at "Ulitka". Glad to see you here and thanks for your remark! ;)

you can get affidavit of support in your cauntry from your relativs or friends with their suppotring bank statement, or you can show your bank statement that shows you can support yourself (i would suggest atleast $10000).