• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support, please help!!

deen32

Registered Users (C)
Hi mates,
my family with follow to join me later when i'm settled, my 1st sponsor has gotten me a job waiting. My co-sponsor is about to complete the I-864,is it fair to say that he's sponsoring the whole family?(myself,my wife and my child) like i said, i've a job waiting and my family will move to follow when i have my own apartment.:cool:
Please help. Must he sponsor the whole family or only me?:confused:
Thank you.

you co- sponsor should include all the family members .You cant be be a sponsor coz you've not filed ur tax return unless its based on the amount of cash in ur account . in addition being the principle applicant, other family members can only be issued with their visas if only ur visa has been issued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Affidavit of Support and poverty guidelines

One more question about affidavit of support.

According to the poverty guidelines, the minimum required for a family of 7 is $40 000. Does this mean that if my sponsor earns an annual salary of say $45 000 (and the total family size including mine is 7) this would be acceptable?

Thank you in advance.

your sponsor needs to fill I-134, not I-864. I-864 is for family-based immigration. He/she needs to earn 100% of the poverty line to cover his family and yours.

Question #11 in I-134 Form

11. .....Intend or .....Do not intend to make specific contribution...

If sponsor check '' do not intend '', Does it effect the DV applicant ?

Please answer the question

11. .....Intend or .....Do not intend to make specific contribution...

If sponsor check '' do not intend '', Does it effect the DV applicant ?

I am requesting please answer this question