Affidavit of Birth from younger relative - Help please!!

peace22

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

My parents do not have older relatives; only younger. Will an affidavit
of birth from younger relatives work? For e.g. own younger brother?

Also, I hear that there India has advised the U.S. that India does not have
birth records for people born before 1960. Is that true? It will be next
to impossible for us to obtain a "missing records" statement from the
municipality where my parents were born, because they have moved to another
state in India from where they were born.

Please advise.

Regards.

Hi all,

Could someone please advise on the "missing birth record" municipality statement? Is
that critical? My parents have an older cousin and friends from their
birth places, who'll attest to their birth. Will that work?

Thanks much.

Regards.

Birth Certificates

Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists
You need to prove no record of your birth exists. Then you could use medical record of your birth from the hospital, school registration record e t.c.

My parents have an older cousin and friends from their
birth places, who'll attest to their birth. Will that work?
Were they present during the childbirth?

Hi folks,

My parents do not have older relatives; only younger. Will an affidavit
of birth from younger relatives work? For e.g. own younger brother?

Also, I hear that there India has advised the U.S. that India does not have
birth records for people born before 1960. Is that true? It will be next
to impossible for us to obtain a "missing records" statement from the
municipality where my parents were born, because they have moved to another
state in India from where they were born.

Please advise.

Regards.

to deal with this issue?

Last edited by a moderator: