• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

advice

bijunepal143

Registered Users (C)
hi i won the dv lottery 2014, i have a question to asked to you i.e. i went to study in uk but my college went shutdown because of several reason bit i returned back to my country n i do have police certificate of that date. will it makes a problem for visa?

If you lived in the UK for 12 months or more you need to provide a police certificate.

You can obtain the police certificate by post and full details on how to do that are available here http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Hi Britsimon,
I know this is an old post. Hope you will get the alert and answer this question.
I am applying the UK police cert on https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx (newest version).
Do I tick the box says, "if you require a Police Certificate for visa or emigration purposes and can meet all of the requirements listed above."? I am not sure if I check the box or not since I am not sure if this sentence applies to UK emigration only. Please advise.
Thank you.

Hi Britsimon,
I know this is an old post. Hope you will get the alert and answer this question.
I am applying the UK police cert on https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx (newest version).
Do I tick the box says, "if you require a Police Certificate for visa or emigration purposes and can meet all of the requirements listed above."? I am not sure if I check the box or not since I am not sure if this sentence applies to UK emigration only. Please advise.
Thank you.

Ticking the box starts the applicant process. It is there way of checking that you have read the terms. If you read everything carefully, it is clear that this is what you need.

Hi Britsimon,
Thank you.

Curious to know why you’re applying for a UK PCC.

Curious to know why you’re applying for a UK PCC.

Good morning Sm1smom,

Thanks for asking the question..

I reread https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html (any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months, was 16 years or older at that time). Now, I need to recalculate the time. I may overthinking but just to be sure. Please advise.

When I turned 16 in end of Oct, I studied in the UK from September to July (I went back to home country during winter break then back to UK in January and went home from July to Aug). I was there less than 11 months. Then I went back for one more academic year from Sept to July (then transferred to the US), also less than 11 months. Do I add up both academic years as lived there more than 12 months? Or, it does not count since I was absence in between months as it would recalculate from the month I reentered to the UK? So do I need a UK PCC?

Thanks.

Good morning Sm1smom,

Thanks for asking the question..

I reread https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html (any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months, was 16 years or older at that time). Now, I need to recalculate the time. I may overthinking but just to be sure. Please advise.

When I turned 16 in end of Oct, I studied in the UK from September to July (I went back to home country during winter break then back to UK in January and went home from July to Aug). I was there less than 11 months. Then I went back for one more academic year from Sept to July (then transferred to the US), also less than 11 months. Do I add up both academic years as lived there more than 12 months? Or, it does not count since I was absence in between months as it would recalculate from the month I reentered to the UK? So do I need a UK PCC?

Thanks.

Are you or are you not processing AOS?

Does the AOS process spreadsheet indicate a PCC is required?

O...wait...I got confused and mixed with PCC (for CP?) and court document requirements together. Awesome, I do not need to apply one. Thank again Sm1smom for redirecting me on track!! Otherwise, I would have went ahead to apply it for no reasons (LMAO, I need to reprogram my culturally overthinking habit...to take it easy and breath and not let the anxiety to eat me up, lol).

God bless you and Britsimon that you both guide all DV selectees along the way voluntarily until presence(t)! :)

O...wait...I got confused and mixed with PCC (for CP?) and court document requirements together. Awesome, I do not need to apply one. Thank again Sm1smom for redirecting me on track!! Otherwise, I would have went ahead to apply it for no reasons (LMAO, I need to reprogram my culturally overthinking habit...to take it easy and breath and not let the anxiety to eat me up, lol).

God bless you and Britsimon that you both guide all DV selectees along the way voluntarily until presence(t)! :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Mom,
Do I need the 2NL and DV fee payment receipt to submit the AoS application? Although my CN from Aisa will become current in August, I haven't still received the 2NL. Likewise, according to my bank, the cashiers check for DV fee payment has been cashed but I haven't received the receipt. So I am wondering if I should wait for these document to submit the AoS application?

Hi Mom,
Do I need the 2NL and DV fee payment receipt to submit the AoS application? Although my CN from Aisa will become current in August, I haven't still received the 2NL. Likewise, according to my bank, the cashiers check for DV fee payment has been cashed but I haven't received the receipt. So I am wondering if I should wait for these document to submit the AoS application?

Let’s keep AOS related questions on the AOS thread.