Advice to everyone using a lawyer

courtneyd23

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!!

Jus want yu all to know that me and my wife file my i485 and ead on april 23, 2003 and have being waiting for almost 6 months. the reason for this is that i just came back from my lawyer office to see what is going on and to get a copy of the receipt. Guess what everyone!!! This is what is on the receipt, 12:05 Oct 1/03 yep, cannot beleive this. Me and my wife called and go to the office and the only thing they always told us is to wait. Anyone using a lawyer, please check them out, it will save yu alot of time. Cannot beleive my lawyer did this to me..

1 always be after the lawyer, check with lawyer for filing the applications, ask for receipts; keep the copies of receipts at home. If the lawyer is not competitive inform your employer if he is company lawyer if you hire lawyer then if not satisfied by his services or do not get reply to your concern by email or phone change him
2 always keep copy of all the pages of your passport, Driving License, SSN and all the I-94(front and back) keep copy of all the H1 H4 approval notices.
3 check the validity of H4 visa and I-94 of your spouse and file H4 extension before I-94 expires

Hmmmm...

Yup !!! It's True and 100% True ...

1. If you've filed any application through the Lawyer, ask for any receipt or any other thing immediately.... to validate their words that they've applied.

2. Try to get the status of your application by yourself. NEVER depend on your lawyer to get it for you...if you try to get it from them...only you can get is .....wait for some more time or it is pending or some bull s*^#

3. Get the LIN Number from USCIS, if your lawyer refuses to provide one for you.

Most important is ... it is our application and our life depends on it .... be on the lookout...

- Jha

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to get the EAC/Lin no by calling INS before receiving the receipt notice.
I already have an A#.