ADVICE PLEASE...Wait till Oct???

GC-4-All

Registered Users (C)
ADVICE PLEASE...Wait till Oct???

I belong to EB3 category with PD Nov, 2002.
I had my I-485 interview in March 2005 in Charlotte. At the Interview I was told that I'm approved but could not stamp my PP as there is no Visa Number available.

The Officer told me to wait till my PD become current. Now that the Visa Number Status is Unavailable.

Do I have to wait till Oct 1st 2005 for new quota?
Or
Go to the Local Office and tell them that I have been approved at the interview and if they could.... stamp my PP?

POJ,

No it is not Current Yet.

Right now the Visa Number on the State dept website is "U"=Unavailable. The last PD before it became U was Jun 1st 2002. But my PD is Nov 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC-4-All said:
At the Interview I was told that I'm approved but could not stamp my PP as there is no Visa Number available. The Officer told me to wait till my PD become current. Now that the Visa Number Status is Unavailable. Do I have to wait till Oct 1st 2005 for new quota?

Yes.

Go to the Local Office and tell them that I have been approved at the interview and if they could.... stamp my PP?

Your case has NOT been approved, since your priority date is not current. How can they stamp your passport?

GC-4-All said:
POJ,

No it is not Current Yet.

Right now the Visa Number on the State dept website is "U"=Unavailable. The last PD before it became U was Jun 1st 2002. But my PD is Nov 2002.

Everyone has effected by this 'U', and I believe last V-blt was upto June/july PD and ur is Nov, its close, one good thing in ur favor that u are almost apprved, and waiting for PD to become current.

If u would have shared this before few weeks , u would have get infopass to visit local office atleast to get anyupdate, even they wouldn't be helping u much except to tell wait for PD become current. if u like to try don't hesitate get infopass and go there atleast peace in mind/heart. and may be they give u some info that could be helpful in ur favor or to share with us.

Never disappointed , try it and visit, nothing to lose to go there!. atleast they would reconozied ur face and its good thing.

All we can do is pray and wait for V-Blt, they have recently recaptured thousands of visa unused 2000-2004. and I believe there is shortage of 'Schdl A' (nursess / phy therapist), and may be after a month (Aug V-blt) they announce to give some benifit to us. so be hopeful,

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an infopass appointment set up or July 5th. MY PD is Feb 2002. Because the VISA numbers are not available currently, does that mean I will not be able to get the passport stamped ??

Once approved the VISA number has been assigned

All_names_are_reserved,

If your 485 has been approved then you do not have to worry about VISA numbers. A VISA number is assigned at the time of approval and since your case has been approved a VISA has already been assigned to you. Your PP stamping will be completed without problem.

regards,

saras

All_names_are_reserved said:
I have an infopass appointment set up or July 5th. MY PD is Feb 2002. Because the VISA numbers are not available currently, does that mean I will not be able to get the passport stamped ??

Dear All_names_are_reserved agreed with saras, btw all_names_are_reserved not All Visa Numbers are Reserved :D , but they have Reserved a visa number for u already and assigned to u at timeof ur 485 final decission.

So as u have Reserved the infopass all u need to Reserved the Cab, an Reserve the Umberala (in case rain) and we Reserve u congrats and a cake, u will have after stamp. :D

Reserved Good Luck :D

All Copyrights are Reserved

Thanks saras76 and POJ, will post an update after July 5th...just have my fingers crossed (all twenty) so that the immigration officer is in a good mood that day..