advice needed for appeal!!!

uscitizenn

Registered Users (C)
my husband had a interview to obtain citizenship through our marriage.

he passed his civics but not his written
they rescheduled and told him to bring much more documents
he couldnt make it due to our son being sick and called that morning to cancel
they sent a letter denying
we sent an appeal stating that our son was sick
they sent a g-56 notice stating that he should come and see any district adjudication officer
for reason "appeal on application"
bring with you : all documents regarding application

i have the doctors note that i will send, but i dont know if they will retest him tomorrow or is it just a hearing. why would they need all documents regarding application?

please respond as his appointment is tomorrow and i just found this website.
thank you!!

my husband had a interview to obtain citizenship through our marriage.

he passed his civics but not his written
they rescheduled and told him to bring much more documents
he couldnt make it due to our son being sick and called that morning to cancel
they sent a letter denying
we sent an appeal stating that our son was sick
they sent a g-56 notice stating that he should come and see any district adjudication officer
for reason "appeal on application"
bring with you : all documents regarding application

i have the doctors note that i will send, but i dont know if they will retest him tomorrow or is it just a hearing. why would they need all documents regarding application?

please respond as his appointment is tomorrow and i just found this website.
thank you!!

What additional documents did they request? They are requesting the documents as they are most likely verifying the validity of your martial union.

They will take all docs and ask you to wait for another interview letter ( if appeal get approved), normally they will approve it.

thank you both so much...i didnt know you had to send so many documents for proof but they basically asked for proof of our union like taxes, bills, insurance..etc. im concerned if they will give him the test again tomorrow or what they will basically ask..im such a nervous reck, because i want him to be a citizen so much....so basically they wont give him a writing/history test in your opinon? if not then, what kind of questions will they ask him? thank you soooooo much...god bless you.

thank you both so much...i didnt know you had to send so many documents for proof but they basically asked for proof of our union like taxes, bills, insurance..etc. im concerned if they will give him the test again tomorrow or what they will basically ask..im such a nervous reck, because i want him to be a citizen so much....so basically they wont give him a writing/history test in your opinon? if not then, what kind of questions will they ask him? thank you soooooo much...god bless you.

They will go over the documents and determine the validity of your martial union. They might also ask him to do the writing test on the spot.
You mentioned this was an appeal..did you formally file an appeal and pay appeal fee or was this an informal appeal after they said he didn't show up at his last interview? The reason I ask is that a formal appeal involves a hearing in front of a board, whereas an informal appeal involves going back for a second interview and continuing off where first one left off.

hi bob, thanks for your reply..well it was informal and they did make him take the writing test and he passed. however, the guy told him he didnt have enough documents supporting our marital union...we even brought wedding photos but he didnt want to see them, he wanted more documents. he said but its too late now since it was an appeal. on the letter its marked that he passed the tests and that uscis will send us a written decision. now im worried all over again..since he said 'its too late' like it was doomed, but my husband said he felt good about it....does it look good or bad?? and if they say no should we appeal or do it all over again? im confused and exhausted. thank you for your help and response.

the appeal was the 336 and it was $605, we showed our taxes, except one year cause i could not find it in time (but i did show the w2s for that year) our children's birth certificates, some bills, bank statements for all the years, and for some years the health insurance..it feels like they are asking so much..i just hope they approve it. thanks

And all the documents provided showed that you shared the same address during the entire 3 year period? Tax transcripts can be obtained from the IRS at no additional cost.