Advice needed again

cr.marsh

Registered Users (C)
Friends am still in the muddle about what to do. I had great inputs from Atlanta brother, Ghanta bro and Ladymo however we still can't figure out what to do.
My girlfriend's I 94 date expiry is fast approaching and there are no signs of my IL for N 400. So much money and effort has been put in by her to come and go and the Naturalization has just not moved ahead a I had hoped. Can't say if I will be waiting for another few months.PD March 2007.We want to get married and start a life together asap.
We are not sure about applying for extension of the B1 as we donot want to jeopardize the 10year visa as of now.Should we apply for extension?
More than a year gone by with all this shunting and travelling and trying to do things the right way. No light at the end of the tunnel.:(:(:confused: Distressed.
I am still wondering what to do. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Triple Citizen, I do realize that. However the point is that after that she would have to go back and the K1/k3 route would have to be followed. When she came this time around we still had not decided on the wedding plans but eventually it did come to that. Now the B1 is a 10 year multiple but the I 94 is soon to expire. I had secretly been hoping that the N400 would have come through before her leaving date and I would have popped the question. Now it does not look like the n 400 is about to happen that way.
Should we file for extension? Is there a prescribed limit how much before the I 94 expiry one should ask for extension?Should she overstay? What implications would there be if she does for her AOS post my citizenship?Should she go back? Questions galore.
So, just wondering what to do. Looking for advice from veterans as yourself.Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
K1 would be imply that we get married here now and then she goes back and we then file at the home country. That would take about a year to come through right? Or is that the K3?