Advanced parole for landing???????????

egragjevi

Registered Users (C)
this is my situation, been in the US for more than 10 years as an asylee. Now, my asylum gets cancelled. Hired a lawyer who advised me to pursue the asylum and the cancellation of removal since I am eligible to apply for the later.
Now, my wife does not have status in the US. We applied for federal skilled worker since 2007. this application was delayed due to the background check. Now, that background check is complete, I am waiting for a decision. If I get approved for landing,
1. can I apply for advanced parole in the US, so I can re-enter the country?
2. Do I disclose to the boader officials in the US that the reason of going to canada was landing as a permanent resident?
3. can entering in the US be denied due to having permanent residence in a different country?
4. has anyone landed in canada and re-entered the country with advanced parole?
Thank you,

A1: Do you have an I-485 pending? Only then can you apply fo advance parole.
A2: Only if questioned about it. Do not volunteer it if not asked.
A3: Depends on what status you are seeking entry under.
A4: Not me. I am sure some have done just that.

1. can I apply for advanced parole in the US, so I can re-enter the country?
2. Do I disclose to the boader officials in the US that the reason of going to canada was landing as a permanent resident?
3. can entering in the US be denied due to having permanent residence in a different country?
4. has anyone landed in canada and re-entered the country with advanced parole?

I do have a pending I-485. However, I also have my asylum application pending as well. I believe that I would not be eligible for advance parole based on my asylum application. My concern is that if I try to enter the country on advance parole that was issued based on my pending I-485, the officials at the border will see that I have a pending asylum application. And, if they ask me about the permanent residence in Canada, would they be able to deny entry since I have a pending asylum application?
Do you have any thought on that? Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator: