Advance Parole VSC

any updates???

Hi,

Anyone got their Advance Parole? For a month,the processing date is still sep 11,2003 at VSC. What is happening?

Thanks

This is not related to AP but I heard that there are quite many changes from Jan 1 for all port of entry. Finger printing all non-immigrants when
entering US and also when issuing non-immigrant visas.

Does AP permit has finger prints on them ? It is not a visa but as
equivalent to it? thoughts?

When somebody in a family die, then they issue emergency AP. But when they alive and we want to see them, they won't issue interim AP.

What's the point of seeing a person when he is dead rather when he alive. What a irony?

what does this mean?

The USCIS had circulated a memo reminding people of the need to request advance parole in time for travel. The question was asked whether advance parole requests would receive priority treatment during the holiday season. The USCIS, pointing to competing priorities and limited resources, stated that they cannot expedite advance parole applications solely for holiday travel. The holiday season is not a sufficient basis for expedited action.

We remind people to make sure that they have appropriate documents for travel, if they plan to leave the U.S. during the high-travel, holiday season, or any other time of the year. The key is usually planning far enough in advance, so that the necessary applications can be administered under normal processing times. See also our November 10, 2003 article, "International Travel Tips" <http://www.murthy.com/ttips.html>,

I131 APPROVED

Online status shows that my case has been approved on December 31, 2003 with ND 08/03/03.

Last edited by a moderator:
congratzz vsc babu... im still waiting for my AP and EAD :( been over 6 months now.. well its good that someones got approved.. i thought that vermont office would be closed for the whole holliday season..congratz again

AP RD 31st July 2003
EAD RD 31st July 2003

Does anyone know what paperwork you receive on AP approval ?
I will keep posted, even after AR-11 filing 5m back
there has been no change to my address.

Keep the hope guys, VSC is working in the holiday season!

I-485/I-131/I-765-VSC
RD-9/25/03
ND-9/28/03
RFE(I-765/I-131)-12/29/03

RFE subject: asked for additional photo ID(like driving license etc.)!!!!

Re: any updates???

Originally posted by new75
Hi,

Anyone got their Advance Parole? For a month,the processing date is still sep 11,2003 at VSC. What is happening?

Thanks

I got an RFE for AP from VSC on Dec.30.My ND was Sept.28,2003.They asked for additional photo ID like Driver's license etc.

Update on my AP approval.

Original AP documents, 3 of them were mailed
to my attorney within one week of approval. Approval date was December 31st, 2003. What a great year to begin with!!

Upon international travel I am supposed to carry all 3 original documents,
what does your attornet say?

Hi,

The VSC processing time updated on the 7th shows that they are processing Advance parole applications received as of october 8th,2003. I checked my status online. no change so far.(rd 09/30/2003).

Thanks.

New75,

Processing dates on VSC report means that officers have been assigend to look into the cases received on October 8th or before. It doesn't mean that they have finished/adjudicated all the application with the RD date of October 8th or before.

Do I see any significance of these processing dates, absolutely not!. I have seen cases being processed with all kind of RD/ND no matter what this processing dates is.

good luck to you with your case.

----------------
ND 10/31/2003.

No Approval as VSC

What's the hell is going on with VSC??? I have seen any approval of any kind laely from VSC? what are they doing these days??

I have seen some AP approvals, most of them are from other service centers!

What can one do in the situation like these? This is utter frustrating. Is there any way to report this madness of VSC to some kind of media attention?

INS is turning this free country into a living hell for people like us who want to travel. Death is not the only reason one travels for? How about other bonfide reason? How about one has to attend brother or siseters marriage? How about one has to get married? How about one has'n seen his/her parents/relatives for long time?

This is so depressing, one more thing that generates constant stress in life. I have cancelled my trip once already.. and don't see any hope for planning one yet. exteremly disappointing!

-------------------------------------
ND 10/31/03.

AP at VSC

If it helps my EAD/485/AP was applied in August 2003. Did get an approval on EAD but still no AP.

Sameer

The wait for AP approval is indeed frustrating ... sometimes a person may have to leave at a moment's notice with not enough time to gather the necessary documentation and obtain an emergency AP.

Whatever you do, DO NOT travel overseas without an approved AP valid beyond your return date.