Advance Parole approved but nor received

Finally Received AP docs - Monkey Business It is indeed

Yes - we finally received travel documents for both me and my wife.
But what a mess it is!!
Here's the highlights of yet another great innings by the monkeys in business :eek:

* My AP documents have old address on it and were mailed to the same old address.
* My wife's AP docs have the new updated address but were mailed to the
old address.
* This time around the envelopes were not marked as "Return service requested" - what great security!!? I wonder what happens if these fall in wrong hands.
* Thanks to post office's forwarding service, both got forwarded to the new address. So saved one round trip to back to USCIS and to new address.
* We had changed address online on 8/26/2007, got confirmation from USCIS.
But still this royal mess!

If USCIS cannot handle address changes properly how could we trust them with other things. I wonder if they can be penalized(sued?) for messing up with these important docs despite acknowledging the address changes.
Not sure if there is a way to bring this to their attention that the address change system is still messed up big time.

For those who have had address changes and waiting, be assured that
your APs will go to old address. Make sure your mail forwarding is working.
Call USCIS (preferably by POJ) and try to get hold of someone who can access the case and see if the addresses are correct.
Ask them if the mailing address is picked up from some different records.
I guess there's not much we can do but to expect that it will be your lucky day some day. But this is especially bad for those who want to travel
immediately.
Good luck all!

Sorry forgot to ask this last time -
I remember they used to send 3 travel docs copies until last year.
Has this changed now? We got 2 copies each this time around.

Hi gcckar,

great news to hear that you finally got the AP documents!. :cool:

I double that to say that I also got the AP documents today from my attorney. :cool:

I have read before of situations like yours because an address change is still a challenge for USCIS in the information age :).

Anyhow, I am glad that this is behind now. Happy holidays.

Mailing addresses are separate for each case, not attached to the person. So for EAD, AP, and I-485 you could have three different addresses in their system if it's not sync'd up correctly.

Hi everyone,
Please help me with my case
“I applied for the I-131 advance parole on June 15, 2018 in conjunction with her adjustment of status application. USCIS approved the I-131 on 10/31/2018. However, the advance parole document was never produced nor mailed. I received her EAD card but it was not a combo card and is not valid for re-entry. I called USCIS customer service on 12/19/18, 1/17/19, 2/1/19, 2/19/19 and again on 2/27/19. I was told each time a service request was submitted but informed with each subsequent call that the case had not been assigned. It is possible that because the I-131 was approved, the case is considered "closed" for further action. However, all representatives have confirmed that the USCIS system shows that the travel document was never produced. The case is particularly dire because I left the United States to visit her sick father in My country after the I131 was approved, and I has no way of returning to the US.
Any suggestions or similar experience recently ?.
Please help me.

You should have taken infopass & walk down to local office to request interim Advance Parole before leaving to foreign country. After filing I-485 you should not leave country without having obtained advance parole in hand. Do you have H-1B or L visa stamped in your passport ? May be you can utilize that.

You should have taken infopass & walk down to local office to request interim Advance Parole before leaving to foreign country. After filing I-485 you should not leave country without having obtained advance parole in hand. Do you have H-1B or L visa stamped in your passport ? May be you can utilize that.
I came USa with F1status and now my visa expired. But i got approval notice that informed that I was approved from travel document. I really scared and because it looks like uscis doesn’t look up my case. They think it already done and closed it

Try to contact US consulate in your country & explain them your issue may be they might help you. After filing I-485, If you leave US without advance parole it is regarded as if I-485 is abandoned.

Thank you so much. My country doesn’t have infopass. Is it possible if I walk down to my Uscis local without any appointment?. Can they help me with my case?.And if they know that I’m traveled outside usa now, does they abandon me at that time?. I’m really scared now.

Thank you so much. My country doesn’t have infopass. Is it possible if I walk down to my Uscis local without any appointment?. Can they help me with my case?.And if they know that I’m traveled outside usa now, does they abandon me at that time?. I’m really scared now.
They already know you’ve travelled outside, I guarantee you that. You don’t really have any other option than contacting the consulate at this stage I guess. You can emphasize that the AP was approved before you left (I presume you have proof) but that you don’t have the physical document.