Adjust of Status Or Consulate

semiconsulate

Registered Users (C)
My Mother made a petition for my grand mother, the petiion got approved. My grand mother is currently here in US on 10 years multiple visitor visa, She can apply for adjust of status (which takes long time to get greencard) but i heard that US consulates takes much less time to process immigrant visa then USCIS here in US.

My question is which the way she gets faster greencard ? Apply for Adjust of Status or Go back to india and get immigrant visa, then greencard ?

Please suggest..
Thanks

semiconsulate said:
My Mother made a petition for my grand mother, the petiion got approved. My grand mother is currently here in US on 10 years multiple visitor visa, She can apply for adjust of status (which takes long time to get greencard) but i heard that US consulates takes much less time to process immigrant visa then USCIS here in US.

My question is which the way she gets faster greencard ? Apply for Adjust of Status or Go back to india and get immigrant visa, then greencard ?

Please suggest..
Thanks
If the dates are current counsellor processing is fast. USC/Parent category dates are always current. AOS takes its own time. However, if there is no urgency to get GC, you can go for AOS so that she no need to travel to India.