Adjudication Officer

wala.dou

Registered Users (C)
Any one knows what an adjudication officer is? Is it a supervisor??
Had citizenship interview July 2nd, and decision could not be made at the time. last week after 100 days passed I filed for an inquiry of status update on my case; received a letter today saying “ your application is pending a decision with an adjudications officer, if you do not receive a decision from us within 120 to 180 days of this letter, please visit our website.
My understanding by the law they have to make a decision within 120 days from the interview date. It seems like my inquiry request has made it worst, it reset their timer back to zero, and where they came up with 180 days from? Has the rules changed lately?
Appreciate any inputs.

Any one knows what an adjudication officer is? Is it a supervisor??
Had citizenship interview July 2nd, and decision could not be made at the time. last week after 100 days passed I filed for an inquiry of status update on my case; received a letter today saying “ your application is pending a decision with an adjudications officer, if you do not receive a decision from us within 120 to 180 days of this letter, please visit our website.
My understanding by the law they have to make a decision within 120 days from the interview date. It seems like my inquiry request has made it worst, it reset their timer back to zero, and where they came up with 180 days from? Has the rules changed lately?
Appreciate any inputs.

Adjudication officer is an immigration officer that oversees cases. By law the have up to 120 days after interview to render a decision. What they wrote on inquiry letter (120 to 180 days) is incorrect. They can write whatever they want, but the law has precedence.

Thanks for your replay Bobsmyth; is this normal procedure?
It's common for USCIS to have generic wording in such letters that isn't in line with the applicant's particular situation. Don't worry what letter says, you have all the right to inquire again and take the necessary action if you have not received a decision 120 days after interview.

I was under the impression they had 6 months, but 4 months sounds much better. I'm in a similar situation, so I'll be able to ask them for a service request at the beginning of December.

By the law they have 120 days from interview date to make a decision, 90 days you could ask for an update. After 120 day you could file a suit under section 1447(b) of title 8 with your district federal court, the court will issue an order to take over your case and make a decision or send it back to the USCIS with defined deadline usually 30 days to make decision. Filling suit has its draw backs, the main one is they will find a way to retaliate against you by finding a little excuse to deny your application.

Filling suit has its draw backs, the main one is they will find a way to retaliate against you by finding a little excuse to deny your application.

Not really. USCIS couldn't care less if you file suit against them..it's all part of the process when a decision isn't made within 120 days of interview.

By the law they have 120 days from interview date to make a decision, 90 days you could ask for an update. After 120 day you could file a suit under section 1447(b) of title 8 with your district federal court, the court will issue an order to take over your case and make a decision or send it back to the USCIS with defined deadline usually 30 days to make decision. Filling suit has its draw backs, the main one is they will find a way to retaliate against you by finding a little excuse to deny your application.

Filing a suit has no drawback. Most of the cases result in favor of the petitioners. In Chicago in the first half of 2010 there were 11 cases filed under section 1447(b) and all of them have been withdrawn by petitioners within 30 to70 days on USCIS agreeing to grant USC. Surprisingly no suit has been filed in the last 3 months. This gives me a notion that USCIS is deciding all the cases within 120 days. No doubt presently the processing is much faster than last year.

hello bobsmyth i was busted in selling alcohol to minor in june 4/2004 but was no arrest the judge gave sentence (ADJUDICATION WITH HOLD) 30 days probation i went to my interview in september 22/2010 in tampa every thing was smooth i passed my n-652 indicate (YOU PASSED THE TESTS OF ENGLISH AND US HISTORY AND GOVERNMENT.)
a)X congratulations app has been recommended for approval IO informed me that my oath date oct 19/2010 you will receive a letter with in tow weeks according to this web side
i have seen a lot of people gate the oath letter between 3-11 days what you thing my be the reasons for the delay its been 25days after my test with nothing i call them all i was told i have not scheduled yet.

thanks a lot for reply.

what you thing my be the reasons for the delay its been 25days after my test with nothing i call them all i was told i have not scheduled yet.

thanks a lot for reply.

Be patient. Your case is just awaiting final review by a supervisor due to your disclosed incident. I know it can be difficult to wait, but before you know it you'll receive your oath letter.

hello jackolanern
i have question i file my n400 back in 4/2010 7 years after i gate my g/c my citizen interview in september PASSED RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL
tel today i have not gate my oath letter when i cal toled me i was not scheduled yet in tampa every body gate oath letter between 3-10 days so hear is my wary .
#1- in june 4/10 i was busted with (sell alcohol to minor ) it was no arrest but pay fine my interviewer told my this no big of deal
#2- after i gat my g/c in may 2003 i left (nj) to florida ware i have better jape
so what do you think will be the reason for delay

thanks a million for your reply