Adjudication of 485 suspended

Dadagiri

Registered Users (C)
the HR 2235 passed says that Adjudication fo 485 suspended in May 22 2003 to reduce immigration workload :)
See the latest AILA conference notes

H.R. 2235, the Emergency Immigration Workload Reduction and Homeland Security
Enhancement Act of 2003, introduced on May 22 by Representative Sam Graves (R-MO), would
suspend: the Visa Waiver Program; adjustment of status; extensions of temporary protected status
designations; the allocation of immigrant visas to brothers and sisters of citizens; the allocation of
immigrant visas to sons and daughters of citizens; the allocation of immigrant visas to unmarried
sons and daughters of permanent residents; the allocation of immigrant visas to diversity
immigrants; and the issuance of all nonimmigrant visas.

--------------
Introduced on May 22nd (I presume 2003). It'll be a long ways since this becomes a law .. whats more, reading the text, it seems highly improbable that it will fly. Though it has been brought to AILA's attention, I am surprised there hasn't been an uproar about it already.

how long even if it becomes law

sillyman ,

how long do you think it will take for congress pass the resolution ? when they say temporary they are not saying for how long. Looking at the pace at which AOS is moving since
last 1.5 year it is almost in suspension mode. What more do they want.

Sam Graves.. hopefully his petition will go with his name to the Graves.. what an idiot!

bhavoo, hard to predict, depends on what sort of backing a bill has, for example the tax reform bill, you know how long that took, and that had some sort of serious backing compared to this. On the other hand, there are bills, that have been sitting as bills for the last so many years ..

Unless it is introduced, I wouldn't even think about it.

But, this is just not fair. How long is the suspension? How can somebody even think about this? Its like propogating that USA is no longer immi-friendly --> now that the boom time is over ? This is a matter of concern.

mango_pickle: nothing is fair in life, just as this bill is not fair. However, it's just a bill, that does not mean anything until it comes to voting. It is very likely it'll be shelved.
On the other hand, nothing in life lasts forever. Not even the CSC I485 backlog.

Well said RUXRUX.
Best way is to keep hope and stop being pessimistic
Work hard on your job and hold on to it. What is going to happen will happen
Hope for the best prepare for the worst

ruxrux, .. tell me something .. what sucked more.. being in the army, and counting down the days .. or this wait?

Originally posted by Silly Man
ruxrux, .. tell me something .. what sucked more.. being in the army, and counting down the days .. or this wait?

Honestly, this seems worse now. While in the army, I _knew_ I'd be out in exactly 365 days and the better soldier I was, the more chances there were of getting the early release (up to 10 days earlier). Nowadays, I cannot even set any date for anything because of this uncertainty - I am holding on to this job with both hands, tight as I can and being a "good soldier" only means uglier disappointment when the layoff comes. I have bought an airplane ticket to Croatia for my wife and son for June 11th, thinking that filing for AP renewal on March 14th would give me enough time. Oh no no, my friend, your wife is not going home until BCIS thinks she's fit to go. Now I had to pay $800 to change the tickets to July 28th. Lufthansa cares nothing about AP and BCIS. The AP came on June 12th, btw.
In the meantime, the best bet is to take the "975-999" seriously and just wait for it to pass. And JIT to move.
One can change their user id to 975-999 or 1hate1116 or CSCJITsucks.
I'd like to change my status to "11/16 member".

my take on this

The wording of the bill is very very strong.

No non-immigrant visas? C'on, this means no more H1-B's.

Stop adjudication of 485's? Uproot some 300K families - that too people that earn top dollar?

Bush needs to win in 2004, he'll tell this senator to shut up pretty fast.

If these chuts want better homeland security, they should put the army on the mexican border - but no, that they won't do as it offends the locals living there and bush wants their vote too.

You know if this really passes, I will be convinced that US is NOT the place to invest my future.

-Pissed OFF

With all the mexicans in america, there is NO WAY this bill will ever pass. But this Sam Graves, has reflected a gravely sorry behaviour and attitude an average american has towards immigraion today. God give them sense, and a thrashing on their rears.

Sam Graves, god is gonna kick your ass, you infidelic pagan scum.

Amen !!

This is what I found in Murthy.com
H.R. 2235 : Emergency Immigration Workload Reduction and Homeland Security Enhancement Act of 2003

Purpose : Would suspend certain "nonessential visas" until the DHS reorganization vis-à-vis immigration is complete.

Latest Major Action : Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary on 05.22.2003.

there are several other bills that are written with the same ferocity that dont see light. Take it easy everyone. I think this is still a progressive liberal country but there are all kinds of individuals in the mix.

did you know that the CIS, Center for Immigration Studies, which furnishes immigration data to the Congress under oath was founded and funded by a vigourous anti-immigrant - its reports would be bitter reading for any of us.

ignorance is bliss...

Originally posted by Silly Man
With all the mexicans in america, there is NO WAY this bill will ever pass. But this Sam Graves, has reflected a gravely sorry behaviour and attitude an average american has towards immigraion today. God give them sense, and a thrashing on their rears.

Sam Graves, god is gonna kick your ass, you infidelic pagan scum.

Amen !!

Don't worry .. he's gonna take his sorry ass to the grave :D