• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Address in USA !!!

saad 2050

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends

I do not have address in USA. Is it necessary to have address in USA?

What I have to answer if they ask me in the interview what is my address in USA?

Need advice from those faced similar situation.

Thanks

Yes, I am DV 2011 winner from Africa with Case# 2011AF00026XXX

Looking to share experience with others and listen from them.

Best Regards

From Nigeria.

their are a thread in the forum for the winner from Nigeria, ask them if the american embassy in yr country need a sponcer or not. if not just rent a mail box in usa to recive your green card on it. i read before someone in the last years did that. and it works with him.

As far as I know they dont send GCs to mail boxes any more, so you need to provide a regular email address.
What's "sponcer" ?

Yes, I am DV 2011 winner from Africa with Case# 2011AF00026XXX

Looking to share experience with others and listen from them.

Best Regards

In my case they've sent GC to my sponsors address. In case you don't know, you need a letter from someone in USA, saying that he will take care of you until you get a Job. But I am not sure everyone needs that letter, after seeing UsDragonfly's message. At least for Sri Lanka, embassy asked us to provide that.

regards,

Nand

Dear Friends

I would like to thank all of you for your participation and experience sharing.

I mean here stay address not mail address. Already, I have written correspondence address in USA in DS 230 part 1 in paragraph # 11 (address in USA where you want green card mailed).

But unfortunately, I do not have address in USA where I intend to live ( paragraph #10 in the same form)
Because there is difference between address for just receiving mails and address for stay.
Need to listen from those face same situation as it is normal to ask in the interview What are you going to do in USA and where you are planning to stay.

Best Regards

If you are selected in DV lottery, you will get notification letter from Kentucky center by mail. Do not worry All the best!

Hi saad 2050,

I didn't have a mailing address either, so I used USAbox (http://www.usabox.com/) and it worked fine. They give you a US mailing address in Miami (not a PO box), and then they send you your letters by DHL. Its a bit expensive(I think about $35 to Europe per letter), but it worked for me.

Regards,

Breandan.

Hi Breandan

Thanks for your useful information about mail address in USA. Why I am asking about stay address in USA?....... because many of forum members were asked during the interview to provide stay address and they said that you have to inform them about physical stay address where you intend to stay. If someone else have an answer about stay address.. please share with us your experience.

Regards

Thank you Breandan, that is a very good solution, but it would also be helpful to know your answer to saad 2050's question, cause the point he makes is right. Please let us know.

Since in DS 230 (# 10 and 11) they also ask you the name of a person who lives there and his/her phone number can you please tell us how you dealt with this issue?

Hi,

If I remember correctly, the form DS-230 has two address fields (boxes 10 and 11 I think).

For "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live..." I wrote "Not currently known" and for "Address in the United States where you want your card mailed.." I used my USABox.com address.

Regards,

Breandan.

Hi,

If I remember correctly, the form DS-230 has two address fields (boxes 10 and 11 I think).

For "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live..." I wrote "Not currently known" and for "Address in the United States where you want your card mailed.." I used my USABox.com address.

Regards,

Breandan.

I agree with you Breandan that most of DV winner do not have stay permanent address in USA. So, I think it is logic and normal to answer question #10 in DS 230 part 1 that it is N/A.

But I read in one thread in this forum that you have to know the exact stay address where you intend to live before going to the consular interview.

Regards

Hi,

Regards,

Breandan.

Hi Breandan,

thank you for your contribution. You remember correctly, one box is for the address where you intend to live in the US and the other one for the address where you want your green card mailed to. I put N/A in both, but I know for sure that you have to provide the US embassy/consulate with both addresses (they can be the same) when you go for the interview. Didnt they ask you for the address where you intended to live during the interview?

Hi,

In the interview, they didn't ask me what my future address would be, but they did ask me where I would go first. I told them New York, but I didn't have to provide a specific address (I didn't have one anyway). I think that they understand that as I wasn't currently living in the US, that I would'nt have a residential address there yet.

For me, the only address that was important during the whole process, was the mailing address for the green card. This was required both on the application form, and I was also asked at the Point of Entry, when I first landed in the US i.e. they just asked "Is the mailing address that you gave on the aplication form still correct", and I just said yes.

The only other point was on the flight over, they give you those cards to fill out on the plane (they give them to everyone). One of them asks for your address in the US. I just used the address of the hotel I was staying in.

Regards,

Breandan.