Additional Review?

lavendersummer

Registered Users (C)
My EB2 case's priority date and processing date are both current this month so I asked for a service request earlier this month and I got this reply by email this evening:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time."

What does this mean? I'm really concerned.. Has anybody received anything like this? What does addtional review mean?

Thanks very much. I was hoping the SR would tell me if my namecheck is cleared. I went to infopass back in Feb when my PD wasn't current. The officer, to my surprise, said that he didn't have any information other than what was available online when I asked him about namecheck.

Also, I thought namecheck wouldn't be a problem if your case is pending more than 180 days? My I485 RD is May 2007 and my PD is June 2004 EB2.

standard letter don't worry. I had one of those too. Are you stuck in namecheck?

Last edited by a moderator:
My EB2 case's priority date and processing date are both current this month so I asked for a service request earlier this month and I got this reply by email this evening:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time."

What does this mean? I'm really concerned.. Has anybody received anything like this? What does addtional review mean?

This is a pre prepared format letter they send to almost all requests. I think they receive thousands of those requests on daily basis and it is impossible, still my opinion, to respond specifically to every request.

Thanks.
I called Nebraska center to talk to an officer this morning. Thought I'd share with you guys what I found out.

Using POJ method, I got through the line around 10:00 AM EST almost without a delay. The male officer I talked to was very nice. When I mentioned the answer to my service request, he first use the standard answers to dismiss my request for more details on my case. I then mentioned my concern regarding my EAD renewal not able to get through before October because of the processing time going backwards last month. He seemed to empathize with me after hearing that, and offer to check out the EAD case status. But my case was in Texas center so I asked if he could check out my I485 case instead.

He pulled out the case and after a long pause, he said, "Everything looks good. I don't see anything wrong here. It's on track. Just be patient and wait. I suggest you check on our website for status every now and then. If we need anything from you, we will send you a mail." Then he asked me to confirm my address. I was kinda relieved after that, I repeatedly asked him if he meant my case was all good. He confirmed and even apologetically said they had too many cases to process.

I mentioned again about the potential delay of my EAD case. He told me that my employee could fax an expedite request with company's letterhead to 402-219-6344, which I will do if I still don't hear anything for my I485 case next week.

So that's about it... I forgot to ask if my namecheck is cleared, or if my case has been assigned to anyone yet. At least hearing "everything is good" and "it's on track" is much better than seeing that "additional review is being performed".

This is a pre prepared format letter they send to almost all requests. I think they receive thousands of those requests on daily basis and it is impossible, still my opinion, to respond specifically to every request.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE is sent

Received an email today notifying me that a mail was sent out to request for addtional evidence. I haven't got it yet. Would this be sent to my home address or attorney's? My useless attorney hasn't returned my call of two weeks' ago. Any idea what RFE could be?

I left my company of five years this past April for a similar position in a big company with slightly higher salary. And as my attorney suggested, I didn't actively file for AC21. Would this be a problem if the evidence requested is about employment verification?

My case info:
PD: June 2004
RD: May 2007
EAD: 2nd EAD received on 9/2/2008 and it was approved for two years.

Thanks.
I called Nebraska center to talk to an officer this morning. Thought I'd share with you guys what I found out.

Using POJ method, I got through the line around 10:00 AM EST almost without a delay. The male officer I talked to was very nice. When I mentioned the answer to my service request, he first use the standard answers to dismiss my request for more details on my case. I then mentioned my concern regarding my EAD renewal not able to get through before October because of the processing time going backwards last month. He seemed to empathize with me after hearing that, and offer to check out the EAD case status. But my case was in Texas center so I asked if he could check out my I485 case instead.

He pulled out the case and after a long pause, he said, "Everything looks good. I don't see anything wrong here. It's on track. Just be patient and wait. I suggest you check on our website for status every now and then. If we need anything from you, we will send you a mail." Then he asked me to confirm my address. I was kinda relieved after that, I repeatedly asked him if he meant my case was all good. He confirmed and even apologetically said they had too many cases to process.

I mentioned again about the potential delay of my EAD case. He told me that my employee could fax an expedite request with company's letterhead to 402-219-6344, which I will do if I still don't hear anything for my I485 case next week.

So that's about it... I forgot to ask if my namecheck is cleared, or if my case has been assigned to anyone yet. At least hearing "everything is good" and "it's on track" is much better than seeing that "additional review is being performed".

Yes. Normally the RFE would go to your attorney. If you just left your company, it is most likely that this what the RFE is about. But its good news, because usually when USCIS gets eveidence that you invoked AC21, the approval post that is pretty quick.

Employment verification since 2001

My attorney informed me that my RFE is about employment verification since 2001, which is the first time I ever applied for an EAD (in graduate school). She said this was not about employment verification letter, but my authorization to work, such as all the EADs and H1Bs and further assured me that there shouldn't be any problem, because I have no gap in my status. I had all these documents submitted before, at least she has all of them, not sure if she had submitted all those for i485 stage. Her paperwork has not been 100% stella in the past.

Has anybody else got the same thing and replied the same way? I'm not sure why this is not about employment verification letter? And when I mentioned if I need to invoke AC21 now, she firmly replied that there was no need to that.

Thanks.

She probably did forget something when sending in the application. My lawyer has done the same. I wouldn't worry about it... as long as there aren't any gaps. By the way, did you ever do that expedited request for EAD? if so, how?

Thanks.

I never did the expedited request for EAD. My EAD was approved one week after my request. I have mentioned in my previous post about the fax number provided to submit your company's request for expedition.

She probably did forget something when sending in the application. My lawyer has done the same. I wouldn't worry about it... as long as there aren't any gaps. By the way, did you ever do that expedited request for EAD? if so, how?

Lavendarsummer

Can you please explain the POJ method ? I am sorry but I don't know how to get thru the automated system and I would love to learn how you did it...

Thans !

POJ method (1-800-375-5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 file # then 1-3-4) does not work anymore, since they changed the menu. I tried it tonight and it said
after the second 2, that 6 was not an option in the menu.
Has anyone tried it lately?

Lavendarsummer

Can you please explain the POJ method ? I am sorry but I don't know how to get thru the automated system and I would love to learn how you did it...

Thans !

POJ method (1-800-375-5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 file # then 1-3-4) does not work anymore, since they changed the menu. I tried it tonight and it said
after the second 2, that 6 was not an option in the menu.
Has anyone tried it lately?
Hi there, I tried following and it worked, (at least there was a officer who gave a bit more precise info than a general blh blah

1-800-375-5283 then 1-2-1 file # then 1-1-3-2
plz listen to the options (automated voice to confirm that u r pressing the right button) GL!!