"Additional Review" cases - report here

anandkan

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

How many of you got an update from USCIS that their case needs "additional review"?

I got one in my InfoPass appointment on June 15. Though the IO clarified that all security checks are cleared.

How many of you who got the above status were eventually approved?

Thanks.

I got the letter from Uscis on June 8th-07 saying that they have to perform additional reviews which has cuased them a longer processing time.

ananadkan,

Although I got approval on June 20th, on June 22nd I received response for the SR I creatde in 1 week of June. It was dated June 14th and it said "The case is under extended review. Check back after 6 mnths"

Count me in. I received a response to my Service request which say they need further reviews and check back in 6 month... blah blah blah....

Do you guys think my namecheck got cleared?

I was told in my last 2 INFOPASS that my namecheck is pending. My last INFOPASS was 3 weeks back.

Good Luck !!!

Thanks rvepra. That's good news..then this "additional review" is all crap..just time buying tactic...

hudakchullu, I'd advise you'll have to act fast and approach your local congressman for getting your NC cleared...I wrote sometime back to my congressman for the delay in my case and i got a prompt letter that he has asked for a report from USCIS...Usually these congressmen are honest, unlike Indian MLAs...

Thanks anandkan,

I have contacted everyone who has potential in helping me... senator, congresswoman, send email to FBI, Faxed them, send letter to FL, Service request, INFOPASS, etc.... you name it.

Every hour checking my mails foolishly thinking today will be mine.... I am going to try (which is very hard) not to think about it and enjoy cause there is nothing more I can do.... Impacting everyday life... Why should we even bother as long as the EAD is getting renewed.... well whom am I kidding... :)

Good Luck peoples !!!

Additional Review

I am also in similar situation. I applied I485/I140 09/30, 2005. 140 approved within 3 months, but I485 still pending. June, 2007 i heard from info. pass everything is clear except namecheck for me and my wife, stuck since 2005. I sent letters to cong./senate/FL for the Namecheck. My wife (derivative) did SR and got reply on July 20th says its pending. I put SR on July 5, 2007 and got reply on Aug.22, 2007 saying '...actively processing...Additional Review...contact us within 60 days". I don't know what it is. does my namecheck cleared and really they actively process my case, i don't know. anybody have any idea.

Also today I got email from CRIS saying our EADs (3rd) are approved (card production), wepplied EAD/AP on mid of July.

count me in

count me in got the same letter

PD: June 2002
I-485: May 2004

FP2: 05/05/07

Name Check: cleared as per IO.

Same response to my SR

SR date: 7/6/07
SR respond date: 8/10/07
SR arrived: 8/24/07

"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform addtional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 days of this letter, please call the CS number."

SR date: 7/6/07
SR respond date: 8/10/07
SR arrived: 8/24/07

"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform addtional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 days of this letter, please call the CS number."

Same here...

Fortunately my case progressed further.See my signature for details....I was pestering my congressman with phone calls, faxes, etc. May be this has helped, I am not sure. But still no end in sight.

Same for me too.

SR1: June 26th 2007
SR1 Notice Date: July 5th 2007,
SR1 response Date: July 11th 2007

SR2 for spouse: June 27th 2007
SR2 Notice Date: July 9th 2007
Response received on July 11th 2007 as Additional Review.

SR3 for son: July 5th 2007
Response received on July 23rd 2007 as Additional Review.

Infopass on July 3rd 2007: Every thing is cleared for all 3 cases.
Infopass on July24th 2007 with Spouse: Extended Review.

Till now called 8-10 times and same response from IO as Extended Review. Nothing is moving.

Guys,
Do not take this additional review seriously. I got my approval on the 14th of this month. Got my physical card last week. After card mailed email I got another LUD saying document mailed to address on file on Aug 21. Yesterday I received the document and it states that my case is in additional review and will take about 120 days.

Bottomline - Your cases are under review and may be close to approval. The additional review does not really indicate anything. So dont worry folks, most of you will get your approvals sooner than what it says.