"Additional Review" cases - report here

Additinal Review

I got the letter says we have to perform additinal review n this case,blah blah wait for 60 days.what it mean?Any good news or bad news?

It's Bad.

First of all it is bad to get the Additional Review response. You don't know when they will touch your file, may be tomorrow or after 1 year.
(This is what I got from NSC IO). There are few people in this forum with this response waiting for ever.

But don't worry too much. With the recent trend, TSC ADDITIONAL REVIEW cases seems little different than NSC and getting approved on a slower phase but with certain order.

Again NSC fails in this aspect too in approving Additional Review cases.

Your response says 60 days and not 6 months. That is another difference. So you have good chances of getting your approval soon compared with many like us stuck at NSC.

NSC is hell.

All LUDs are 2005

All LUDs are in 2005 only. I did my 2nd finger printing in March 2007 and there was no LUD after that. I got 'card production ordered' email on September 6th 2007.

Congratulations !!!. All your LUDs are 2005? When did you do your FP and when did you receive your email?

I just got the "Additional Review - call back after 6 months" in the mail. SR opened 17 July. :mad:

I wonder why we get so upset at these "non-responses"

Would we really feel any better if they say something like.. "Your application is 715th in row (because we dumped them all in pile disregarding such insignificant things like PDs and RDs). With 60 officers working 40 hours a week at 65% efficiency, we expect it to take 165 days to get to it. At that point, we expect it will take 15 days to process your case"

Oh wait, that would put my case in the 165+15 days .... 6 month range! :rolleyes:

I am a recent entrant into the "Additional Review" world. My wife got a SR response yesterday that USCIS is "activetly looking" (what is there to look???) into the case and is under Additional Review wait 6 months. I opened the SR on July 17, 2007. May be in a day or two I will receive mine too with the same response.

Looks like there is "Simpsons - The movie" running on my 485 application and everyone from USCIS wants to see the movie for free (actively??):mad: :mad: :mad:

This means nothing

zinchak,

I received this response in my InfoPass Appointment. This is another time-buying tactics by USCIS. This means nothing. You will be approved. SR responses are usually out dated. Do not trust this.

I am a recent entrant into the "Additional Review" world. My wife got a SR response yesterday that USCIS is "activetly looking" (what is there to look???) into the case and is under Additional Review wait 6 months. I opened the SR on July 17, 2007. May be in a day or two I will receive mine too with the same response.

Looks like there is "Simpsons - The movie" running on my 485 application and everyone from USCIS wants to see the movie for free (actively??):mad: :mad: :mad:

I got an additional review letter yesterday. My LUD is 7/31/2007. Oh well, they will approve, when ever they feel like

Hope your predictions come true. This waiting game is driving me insane. The 485 have taken almost both labor (2yrs) and I - 140 (1 yr) combined.

zinchak,

I received this response in my InfoPass Appointment. This is another time-buying tactics by USCIS. This means nothing. You will be approved. SR responses are usually out dated. Do not trust this.

Got SR response :
actively processing your case ..however we have to perform extended review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. if you donot receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter , please call customer service.. dont know when would be out of this hell...no lud since my 3 ead apporval 6/7/07

My Additional Review Letter

A 2nd Service request response to my I-485 (pending due to a name check since October 2006) says:" Based on your request we researched the status of your case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided..."

Case is at NBC, filed from NYC.

Here is my time line:
04/17/06 I-485, I-765 and I-130 filed
06/26/06 I-130 and I-765 approved
10/11/2006 Interview approved, GC pending due to NC
05/11/2007 applied for Second EAD
05/14/2007 1st Service request for pending I-485
05/30/2007 Response to 1st Service request (pending due to security checks)
08/08/2007 2nd EAD Approved
08/14/2007 2nd Service request
08/20/2007 EAD Card received
08/21/2007 Response to 2nd Service request (scary, see above)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same message in SR response for my spouse. last week I went to Infopass they told me my spouse namecheck is cleared and don;t know whey they are holding the approval and she sent email to TSC IO and asked me to come next week.

A 2nd Service request response to my I-485 (pending due to a name check since October 2006) says:" Based on your request we researched the status of your case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided..."

Case is at NBC, filed from NYC.

Here is my time line:
04/17/06 I-485, I-765 and I-130 filed
06/26/06 I-130 and I-765 approved
10/11/2006 Interview approved, GC pending due to NC
05/11/2007 applied for Second EAD
05/14/2007 1st Service request for pending I-485
05/30/2007 Response to 1st Service request (pending due to security checks)
08/08/2007 2nd EAD Approved
08/14/2007 2nd Service request
08/20/2007 EAD Card received
08/21/2007 Response to 2nd Service request (scary, see above)

Cards recieved

Friends,

We got cards today in the mail. I got the 'card production ordered' email on 9/6 and we got the cards today in the mail. Thank you every one for the support here. This forum is really great.

I wish you best of luck every one here.

Thank you

Additional Review

I got the same response to my 3rd SR dated 8/23/07.
First one was in 2005 - Background check pending/delayed
Second in 1/2006 - Visa number not available
Third SR response now - 8/23/07 - Additional Review....:confused:

Does this possibly mean that
a) Namecheck has been cleared and
b) Visa number has been allocated to cases?

Looks like this is just a general response as many people are
opening SRs.

Good luck all!
__
EB3 India 6/2003 VSC->TSC 3/07
Last FP - 5/07
Last EAD - 8/07
485 LUDs - 8/31, 9/3
Received Change of address confirmations: 9/5/07
Received response to SR - 9/13/07 (Additional Review)

Beleive or not

I got the same response to my 3rd SR dated 8/23/07.
First one was in 2005 - Background check pending/delayed
Second in 1/2006 - Visa number not available
Third SR response now - 8/23/07 - Additional Review....:confused:

Does this possibly mean that
a) Namecheck has been cleared and
b) Visa number has been allocated to cases?

Looks like this is just a general response as many people are
opening SRs.

Good luck all!
__
EB3 India 6/2003 VSC->TSC 3/07
Last FP - 5/07
Last EAD - 8/07
485 LUDs - 8/31, 9/3
Received Change of address confirmations: 9/5/07
Received response to SR - 9/13/07 (Additional Review)
I opened service requests for me & family. I received two responses, believe or not "EAC and A#" indicated on these responses are incorrect, conflicting.

I got the same letter, wish can be as lucky as you

I just got the same letter "we are actively process the case, it's under additional review, call back in 6 months".

Hope will be as lucky as you.

Praying ...