Actual Green Card

Murali42000

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My passport was I-551 stamped at USCIS San Jose office on 01-MAR-05.
My I-485 status on the USCIS Website shows the below message
On March 15, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
How long does it take California Serice Center to mail the Physical Green card after this message.

Thanks

Murali42000 said:
Hi,
My passport was I-551 stamped at USCIS San Jose office on 01-MAR-05.
My I-485 status on the USCIS Website shows the below message
On March 15, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
How long does it take California Serice Center to mail the Physical Green card after this message.

Thanks
--you may get you geen card in 10-12 days

Murali42000 or others,
What is the general procedure to check for the status after getting the passport stamped?

Do I need to use the same I485 application number (LIN#) for checking the status.

Thanks

A card or just a stamp, they serve the same purpose!

PR-status said:
Murali42000 or others,
What is the general procedure to check for the status after getting the passport stamped?

Do I need to use the same I485 application number (LIN#) for checking the status.

Thanks

What status are you talking about?
As soon as you get the I-551 stamp on your passport, you have acquired right there and then your LPR status! Are you concerned that you are somehow in lesser/incomplete status compared to somebody with the actual "green card"?
For all uses ang purposes, that I-551 stamp on your passport is just as good as the actual green card. The only difference is that the one in your passport is only good for one year while the plastic card is normally good for ten years.

You will get the actual plastic I-551 card as soon as it's ready. Just make sure you communicate with CIS any change of address so that they can send it to you at your correct address.