• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Accent Mismatch between birth certificate and Passport

puda

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I have redone my French passport last year and literally just realized that they made a mistake on my last name. It reads « é » instead of « è ».

My birth certificate states it correctly.

Could that be an issue? Should I ask my consulate to redo my passport? If I do that, then my passport ID would probably be updated and would be different than the one I have indicated while entering the DV lottery.

Now, I believe that the US don’t use any accents anyways but I wonder if that would be an issue?

Ps: also posted question on BritSimonSays blog but thought it might help other people to add it here as well.

Thanks!

As you say, US does not use accents in any offical documentation (so your entry presumably didn't use an accent either?), I can’t see it being an issue.

As you say, US does not use accents in any offical documentation (so your entry presumably didn't use an accent either?), I can’t see it being an issue.
It didn’t indeed! Just wondering if CO looks closely at this.