AC21 Usage not informed. GC approved!

iwannagreencard

Registered Users (C)
AC21 Usage GC approved!

Hello,
I got my approval recently(june'07) and have a question regarding AC21 usage.
I changed my sponsoring company 2 months back and have not updated the USCIS with the AC21 Usage. All we did was update my lawyer information at USCIS.My lawyer was not willing to inform the USCIS. He said that we will notify if we get any RFE. Now i see my case being approved.

What options do i have? Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks TheRealCanadian
I guess i was not clear. I certainly want to be with my current employer. But the issue is that USCIS does not have the information about my AC21 usage(thats what i think, as we updated only the lawyers information).
Does it have any impact on my green card/citizenship? Since they dont have the update will it be considered as fraud?

I know that if you change your GC sponsoring employer after your LPR is approved within less than x amount of time it is considered as fraud and your GC can be revoked.

Does my case falls into any of those categories....

Any suggestion or i am overthinging the issue?....

I guess i was not clear. I certainly want to be with my current employer.

Well, you should have said so. You asked what you could do, and I told you. :)

But the issue is that USCIS does not have the information about my AC21 usage(thats what i think, as we updated only the lawyers information).
Does it have any impact on my green card/citizenship? Since they dont have the update will it be considered as fraud?

No, because the AC21 memorandums clearly indicate that there is no requirement that USCIS be informed of a job switch. They cannot accuse you of fraud by doing something that their own documents explicitly state is permitted.

Thanks TheRealCanadian
I guess i was not clear. I certainly want to be with my current employer. But the issue is that USCIS does not have the information about my AC21 usage(thats what i think, as we updated only the lawyers information).

I know that if you change your GC sponsoring employer after your LPR is approved within less than x amount of time it is considered as fraud and your GC can be revoked.

Does my case falls into any of those categories....

Any suggestion or i am overthinging the issue?....

hi,

where did u read or knew that if u get ur green card, u can't change ur employer within X amount of time? is it written anywhere in the law or u just heard it from people?

please let me know.

Few clarifications...regarding my profession and job....

Friends,
I recently got my Green card approval.

I applied for AC21 when I had to change from my sponsoring employer after almost 1 yr from filing I-485. I have changed multiple jobs (on w2) since my first AC21. As I have the GC approval guess no problem thus far....

I plan to work on contract now and I may have to shift jobs almost every 6 months. Will it be a problem for my green card continuity and citizenship???

Do I have to be on W2 for my citizenship? or will contracting /1099 through my own registered company will do??

Also, how about if I opt to change my profession entirely??

Thanks you....as I look forward to your responses.

GC Approved, AC21 used but not Notified.

I changed jobs 2 years ago and had not informed USCIS. I was waiting for a RFE closer to my GC Approval process and then file AC21. My GC got approved today with my sponsoring employer, without any RFE.

How will this affect me when I apply for my citizenship in 5 years?

Is there anyone out there with the same problem as mine?

thanks,

minn_labor
I am in the exact same situation. I have changed employers but did not inform USCIS and got GC approved now. I also have a letter from current employer stating that my job duties are the same as my original GC sponsoring employer but I have just not sent the letter to USCIS.

Notifying USCIS of AC21 job change is just to protect yourself if the original employer revokes the I-140. If you don't notify and the employer doesn't revoke the I-140, your case continues as normal until approval.