AC21 Question

NewAflatoon

Registered Users (C)
I know this question has been asked several times on this forum and I kind of know some answers already but need to just verify from gurus.

My situation:
I am resident in California. Mine and my spouse's I-485 is pending for more than 180 days. I have I-140 approved for more than 180 days. We have EAD cards but I am still working on H1B and my spouse on H4. Recently my spouse have got a medical residency position in Texas which she will be starting in July. She will be joining the job on her EAD.

Questions:
1. Regarding my spouse does she need to file any form other than AC11 (change of address) with USCIS?
2. Soon after her joining I am planning to move to Texas as well and join a new company. Lets assume that the job duties are more or less same. Is it feasible to use AC21/AC11 to migrate to another state? How can I compare wage difference between two states.
3. Does one has to file AC21 after changing the job or before changing the job? Before changing job obviously I can't get new pay stubs.

I believe following are the items I need to submit in order to invoke AC21
1. Supporting Letter
2. Employment Verification Letter from New Employer (Name of the employer).
3 Copies of the Pay stubs from new employer (i sent two pay stubs (one month)
4. Relevant portions of AC21
5. Memo on August 4 th 2003 from William R Yates
6. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice for your name
7. Copy of I-140 approval notice.
8. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice for your wife's name
9. Copy of EAD
10. Name of New Attorney.

Is there a thread that covers a complete list of documents require to be filed for invoking AC21. Is there an attorney that can give some consultation before I resign my current job as my current company attorney is not going to provide any information about AC21 invoking...

Above all is there a statistics on success rate of invoking AC21.

I know this question has been asked several times on this forum and I kind of know some answers already but need to just verify from gurus.

My situation:
I am resident in California. Mine and my spouse's I-485 is pending for more than 180 days. I have I-140 approved for more than 180 days. We have EAD cards but I am still working on H1B and my spouse on H4. Recently my spouse have got a medical residency position in Texas which she will be starting in July. She will be joining the job on her EAD.

Questions:
1. Regarding my spouse does she need to file any form other than AC11 (change of address) with USCIS?
if moving the address then she need to file form AR11 and AR11 will not change her address on pending petitions with USCIS.
2. Soon after her joining I am planning to move to Texas as well and join a new company. Lets assume that the job duties are more or less same. Is it feasible to use AC21/AC11 to migrate to another state? How can I compare wage difference between two states.
-------------- if new job has same similar job duties and employer is ready to give you permanent job offer letter then you can invoke AC21
3. Does one has to file AC21 after changing the job or before changing the job? Before changing job obviously I can't get new pay stubs.
-------------------better after joining new employer
I believe following are the items I need to submit in order to invoke AC21
1. Supporting Letter
--------------- you need cover letter
2. Employment Verification Letter from New Employer (Name of the employer).
----------------new employer permanent job offer letter with same/similar job duties
3 Copies of the Pay stubs from new employer (i sent two pay stubs (one month)
-----------------that is ok
4. Relevant portions of AC21
---------------they know what is AC21, if send no harm
5. Memo on August 4 th 2003 from William R Yates
-----------------can attach
6. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice for your name
----------------yes
7. Copy of I-140 approval notice.
------------not needed
8. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice for your wife's name
-------------not needed if she is not primary
9. Copy of EAD
-----not needed
10. Name of New Attorney.
-------- if file through new Attorney you sign the G28 with him and provide him what he needs
Is there a thread that covers a complete list of documents require to be filed for invoking AC21.
-------------yes, search the threads or look at sticky
Is there an attorney that can give some consultation before I resign my current job as my current company attorney is not going to provide any information about AC21 invoking...
--------------------- you need to hire YOUR lawyer if change job dont use past company lawyer for AC21
Above all is there a statistics on success rate of invoking AC21.
-------------

Thanks a lot for answering my questions patiently.

Do I require a lawyer to invoke AC21. My current company has filed my I-485 through their lawyer but if it is just the matter of preparing above letters and documents then I can manage it myself.

How could I inform to USCIS that my current lawyer is no more going to represent me in future and USCIS needs to contact me directly for any queries and information.