AC21 question: Ginnu and others, please help !!!

ac21seeker

Registered Users (C)
First and foremost, I like to thank this excellent and wonderful forum for giving expert advice about various issues with regard to green card process. I have been a regular reader of this forum and have been benefiting immensely from this forum.

Let me give details of my case:

The labor was done specifically for me from my current company which was approved in Jan 2004.I filed my EB3- 1-485 in March 2004 and My i-140 has been already approved in Feb 2004.So, it has been more than 180 days since I have filed my 1-485 after the 1-140 approval..

My title has been mentioned as "Datawarehouse Applications Programmer" in labor certification ETA-750A with the job dot code of 15-1061.00 which is for Database Administrators. I have got an excellent job offer to work for the same responsibilities/job duties in the same city/state.The future employer is ready to give me the employment verification letter mentioning the exact same responsibilities as mentioned in the labour.Even though the responsibilities/job duties are same, the company has the title of "Database Manager" which is basically managing the data and not managing people as it is. Is it OK to put the title as "Database Manager" and exactly showing the same responsibilities as shown in ETA750A. I will be filing ac21 immediately after joining the new employer.
I need advice from all the legal experts in this forum to guide me to make sure I do not land in any problems with my green card process. Please also guide me if I need to prepare any other documentation for ac21.
Thanks in advance for your help.
-AC21SEEKER

ac21seeker said:
First and foremost, I like to thank this excellent and wonderful forum for giving expert advice about various issues with regard to green card process. I have been a regular reader of this forum and have been benefiting immensely from this forum.

Let me give details of my case:

The labor was done specifically for me from my current company which was approved in Jan 2004.I filed my EB3- 1-485 in March 2004 and My i-140 has been already approved in Feb 2004.So, it has been more than 180 days since I have filed my 1-485 after the 1-140 approval..

My title has been mentioned as "Datawarehouse Applications Programmer" in labor certification ETA-750A with the job dot code of 15-1061.00 which is for Database Administrators. I have got an excellent job offer to work for the same responsibilities/job duties in the same city/state.The future employer is ready to give me the employment verification letter mentioning the exact same responsibilities as mentioned in the labour.Even though the responsibilities/job duties are same, the company has the title of "Database Manager" which is basically managing the data and not managing people as it is. Is it OK to put the title as "Database Manager" and exactly showing the same responsibilities as shown in ETA750A. I will be filing ac21 immediately after joining the new employer.
I need advice from all the legal experts in this forum to guide me to make sure I do not land in any problems with my green card process. Please also guide me if I need to prepare any other documentation for ac21.
Thanks in advance for your help.
-AC21SEEKER
--------------- if new employer has no problems better get letter of future permanent job offer with Same Job title and same job duties as on ETA750A item13 so that no problem for officer when he looks at letter and looks at your LC that is in his file.( according to AC21 Memo it can be same/similar job)

Thanks for the reply,Ginnu.

When you meant that it has to be a letter for future job, what is the format of the letter?Here in this forum, I am only seeing a format for the letter which states about the current employee's current job and responsibilities.

Do you have a draft letter format for the future job offer letter?

Thanks again for the help,Ginnu.

-ac21seeker

ac21seeker said:
Thanks for the reply,Ginnu.

When you meant that it has to be a letter for future job, what is the format of the letter?
-GC is for future job and AC21 is sent for pending I-485 to be approved for new employer who has permanent job offer with same/similar job duties
*format has been posted many times search the threds.
Here in this forum, I am only seeing a format for the letter which states about the current employee's current job and responsibilities.
----the letter should state your name, date you joined ABC, salary, job duties and offer of permanent job after I-485 approval
Do you have a draft letter format for the future job offer letter?
--search the threada you will find
Thanks again for the help,Ginnu.

-ac21seeker

Thank you so much Ginnu for the reply.

You have previously given the format of ac21 letter to someone on this forum which I have given below.IN the format letter, you have not mentioned any title of the employee in the offer letter.Is it OK not mentioning the job title in the offer letter?

Thanks
ac21seeker

---------------------
Sample AC21 letter:
TO WHOSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

Date:
Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to certify that XXXXXXXXXXXis a fulltime employee at our companyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

MrXXXXXXXXhas been with us sinceXXXXXXXXXXX. His annual salary isXXXXXXXXXX,and his job duties include:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We expect to continue employ him.

Accordingly, we respectfully request that you grant his approval of the I-485 application/Immigrant Visa in order to obtain him permanent residency status soon. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Name

Signature
designation
Company name

Please help Ginnu,

I am anxiously waiting for your reply on the previous message where I asked the letter format did not mention any job title and has only job descriptions.Is it OK not to mention JOB TITLE in EVL?

Thanks
ac21seeker

ac21seeker said:
Thank you so much Ginnu for the reply.

You have previously given the format of ac21 letter to someone on this forum which I have given below.IN the format letter, you have not mentioned any title of the employee in the offer letter.Is it OK not mentioning the job title in the offer letter?
---------------------------that is OK--------------
Thanks
ac21seeker

---------------------
Sample AC21 letter:
TO WHOSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

Date:
Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to certify that XXXXXXXXXXXis a fulltime employee at our companyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

MrXXXXXXXXhas been with us sinceXXXXXXXXXXX. His annual salary isXXXXXXXXXX,and his job duties include:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We expect to continue employ him.

Accordingly, we respectfully request that you grant his approval of the I-485 application/Immigrant Visa in order to obtain him permanent residency status soon. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Name

Signature
designation
Company name

ac21seeker said:
Please help Ginnu,

I am anxiously waiting for your reply on the previous message where I asked the letter format did not mention any job title and has only job descriptions.Is it OK not to mention JOB TITLE in EVL?
------that is OK they look for same/similar job duties
Thanks
ac21seeker

Thank you so much for your immediate reply,Ginnu.

I will be talking to the employer on Monday for giving me a letter as per the above format.

Thanks once again.
-Ac21seeker

i would not risk my gc for a title. my company gave me PM title, but got it changed

ac21seeker said:
Thank you so much for your immediate reply,Ginnu.

I will be talking to the employer on Monday for giving me a letter as per the above format.

Thanks once again.
-Ac21seeker

Is it Ok to change employer with sub labour

I filed concurrently last Aug 2004 and my I140 was approved in Jun2005. It was substitute labour. Can I invoke AC21?

Can I change my job to a different state using the AC21. Is it ok to do that. My job is the same which I was doing earlier and going to continue this. Where to find the job code in the labour certification. Any advise on this.

when to extend EAD/AP

Hello Friends,

My first EAD expires in Jan 2006 and my 140 is approved. I am currently on H1. When do I apply for my EAD & AP extension? Can I wait till Jan 2006 or should I do before that?

rosvi30 said:
Can I change my job to a different state using the AC21.
---yes
Is it ok to do that. My job is the same which I was doing earlier and going to continue this. Where to find the job code in the labour certification.
-------- dont care about job code if you have LC form ETA750A then check item 13 it has your job duties.
Any advise on this.

saabu said:
Hello Friends,

My first EAD expires in Jan 2006 and my 140 is approved. I am currently on H1.
When do I apply for my EAD & AP extension?
--------- you Can apply EAD renewal and new AP now
Can I wait till Jan 2006 or should I do before that?
-----------if you need EAD or AP for any emergency use apply now it takes around 3 months to get EAD or AP
** better maintain H1 status you can extend H1 status