AC21 - Multinational - Please help

luck_2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

Please help me . I am in pathetic situation. I came here in 2000 on L1 and was managing projects since then. After fighting with my company to sponsor GC for three years they agreed this year and got 140 approved and fell into retrogession. No raises from 5 years. The people whom i manage get more than me..I want to utilize AC-21 and new job is same as current but employer is different and new employer also multinational. I never seen any AC21 stories for Multinational Category..I read new yates memo it says multinational can use AC21.

Any successful stories please post the details. Highly appreciate it.

Is it good or bad or wait until date becomes current which is 24 months away.

Sorry to hear. Based on your info, I am assuming that you have not filed I-485.

Unfortunatly you cannot change employer using AC21, if you have not filed I-485 due to retrogression. Bottom line here is I-485 has to be pending more than 180 days.

If you have already filed I-485 and passed 180 days you are as good as other catagories. Dont panic as your 140 was approved. Jump man, If it is same or similar job.

Last edited by a moderator:
can_card said:
Sorry to hear. Based on your info, I am assuming that you have not filed I-485.

Unfortunatly you cannot change employer using AC21, if you have not filed I-485 due to retrogression. Bottom line here is I-485 has to be pending more than 180 days.

If you have already filed I-485 and passed 180 days you are as good as other catagories. Dont panic as your 140 was approved. Jump man, If it is same or similar job.

thank you for reply..my 485 also pending more than 180 days..i just have a little fear with AC21...i had very tough time to reach this far..

luck_2005 said:
thank you for reply..my 485 also pending more than 180 days..i just have a little fear with AC21...i had very tough time to reach this far..

If the I-485 is pending for >180 days and the new job is similar, then you should be just fine. Good luck with your career.

Hello RealCanadian,

I am sending my AC21 docs tomorrow. I do not have the copy of my approved 140 notice. So can I send the following for my AC21:
- Copy of I-140 filing receipt notice
- Copy of USCIS online case status of approved I-140