ac21 - marriage

harsha_c

Registered Users (C)
Hello hello

First thanks for the great postings.

I have 140 approved and have my EAD card, travel document.
In a month I can use my AC21 provision. If I use that provision and get married to someone overseas, How woudl I be able to bring her? I guess I cannot bring her on h4 right?

B) Is it true that if I switch to another company using AC21 and hence moving over to EAD, I am out of my h1 status. or is it possible to move over using my h1 while keeping my 485 process running? Dont tell me green card process has to be started again !!!!!

Woudl you suggest me to get married staying in this company which is doing my 485/ also keeping h1 extension and bring her on h4 and then think about AC21 or do change companies after getting my green card.

thanks in advance
Harsha

you can either remain with this company or change company using AC-21 but make sure you change company with H1 transfer and not using your EAD until you get married and file your spouse's I-485.You need to maintain your H1 status till you file your spouse's I-485

Hello regarding_gc

Thanks for the reply, this is real education to me

So you are saying I can shift companies using AC21 and do a h1 transfer, I thought using AC21 would mean I have to use EAD.

I assume from your post, moving to another company using AC21 and h1 transfer rather than EAD would mean I dont need to restart my green card process again and it continues in the background? Are the AC21 documents the only thing i need to send to immigration so that it moves to the correct processing center?

thanks a lot
Harsha

AC21 Marriage

Harsha
I am also in the same situation as U.
I got my I140/EAD/AP approved and from July 1st I can use AC21 to switch employer.
The reason for me to switch employer is bcuz, I am thinking of getting married in India during Nov/dec this year, but my employer says that he would revoke my h1b on june 30th (180 days period), afterthat I should work only using EAD. If that the case I cant get h4 for my future wife.
So I too am thinking of switching to another company using h1b. But I am still not very clear whether 485 will still be valid.Some people say that AC21 will be applicable once if u switch to another company after 180 days and work there using EAD.
Lets share information. I will keep posting if I get any other information.

situation

Dude

I cannot use AC 21 till the july 7th or so and my h1 b is expiring on 17th of june. I am going to chase them till they apply H1 extension this week, even if I have to pay the money.

your dates look scary too.

What is the other option if we need to move onto EAD? How do poeple get married and bring spouses? How long is the wait?

thanks
Harsha

Dude

My company is doing the h1 extension, I will have to pursue them to do premium processing by offering the reminder of fees myself. lets see how it works. Best of luck and keep me updated on what you learn.

thanks
Harsha

harsha_c said:
Dude

My company is doing the h1 extension, I will have to pursue them to do premium processing by offering the reminder of fees myself. lets see how it works. Best of luck and keep me updated on what you learn.

thanks
Harsha

Harsha
So, are you sure that if you switch to another company (using h1b insted of EAD) after 180 days (for AC 21) our I-485 applied through previous compnay is still valid? I want to make decision in few weeks. If the above case is possible then I will switch to another company (using h1b), so that I can be still remain in h1b status and my 485 still be active.

selvaraj said:
So, are you sure that if you switch to another company (using h1b insted of EAD) after 180 days (for AC 21) our I-485 applied through previous compnay is still valid?

Of course. Why wouldn't it be?

Selva

Looks like yes based on the the research I have made, make sure u go to other company as h1 and not as EAD. And do the H1 transfer before the old company cancels ur h1.

I believe real canadian as he stayed in Holiday express !!! :)

Keep in touch as we can share the process when we do the AC21
I will send u an email

Second occupation EAD query

My situation is also quite the same. You can read one of the threads that I created a while back.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=171111

Well, I am shifting using H1B transfer starting June 20th and do not plan to use my EAD.

I have another question regarding a second occupation. I work with Coldwell Banker as a Realtor although I am still to close a deal. I am employed as an Independent Contractor. Now that is on the basis on my EAD. I guess when I close my first deal (hopefully soon), they will pay me on 1099 which is based on me having an EAD.

Will this arrangement create any problems in terms of my H1B status? I still work as an IT consultant for my primary job. If there is a problem, what is the solution since I do want to do this as a side job.

Hello

Is it not true u can be only on h1 or EAD and not on both?

Does the h1 transfer job decription should be same as the one in labor or in AC21 ?