AC21 letter...

neha72

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i will appreciate if any one can let me know what all documents I need to send to BCIS for invoking AC-21? I changed employers 2 times and my intent is to work with the current employer after getting GC.
Is there a need for attorney or can i send them myself ? Will sending the AC21 letter result in RFE ?

thanks.

Letter

You can send this sample letter to INS from your employer by your self or by your attorney List of Docs

1)Letter (Sample Attached)
2)Copy of Approved I 140
3) Copy of I 485 Receipt

Thanks
Shashi

Sashi,

What you attached is the EVL, not the AC21 letter.

So neha72, you need a separate AC21 letter to let USCIS know that you've changed your employer based on AC21 rule. The letter should be from you, not from your employer.

I am struggling with this too. See my letter - http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=127264

I haven't sent it yet. So I appreciate any advice/success story/sample letter too.

U need to send the following:
- Company Balance Sheet (proof of ability to pay)
- EVL: Employment Offer/Support letter from <New employer>
- AC-21 Cover letter from you/your lawyer
- Copy of I140 Approval
- Copy of I485 receipt
- Copy of the employment authorization
- Pay Stubs
- DOT Code job description printout

Here are sample AC-21 and EVL letters:

------------------------------------------------------------
EVL
------------------------------------------------------------

Date

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
XXYYZZ Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln Nebraska 68501-82521

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that <ur name> is employed with us as a <ur title - same/similar to one in LC> (Code: <from LC>) on a full time, permanent basis since <start date - after 180 days of 485 RD>. <New Employer Name> is an XXYYZZ firm, providing AABBCC solutions and services. <couple of lines about their business/revenues>

In his capacity as a <ur title>, <ur name> receives an annual base salary of <ur salary - hopefully similar to offered wage in LC>. In addition, he is eligible for paid vacation, health and retirement benefits, and applicable monthly and/or periodic bonuses.

His duties include: <similar job description from LC>

His work location may range all over the US, depending upon our client locations. <New employer's> geographic areas include, but are not limited to AABBCC. (this para is optional)

Please feel free to contact us if your office requires any further information.

Sincerely,

XYZ

--------------------------------------------
AC-21 Letter from yourself:

--------------------------------------------

Date:

Ur Name
I-485 Receipt # , A#
Address
Ph:

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
XXYYZZ Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln Nebraska 68501-82521

Subject: I-485 under AC21 for <ur name>, <ur 485 #>, A #

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that I, <ur name>, am currently employed by <new employer> as a <title> and earn an annual salary of <ur salary>. I am currently a full time employee and intend to remain with <new employer> indefinitely. As a <title>, I work with <2-3 lines job desc>.

This is to inform your office that I have a pending I-485 at your center, and I have changed jobs as provided under the AC-21 law. My Labor Certification and I-140 were sponsored by <old employer>, and were approved on <LC approval date> and <140 approval date> respectively. The relevant job code was DOT # XXCCZZ, with employer’s wage offer of <LC offered wage>. Subsequently, I had filed for Adjustment of Status (I-485), which has a Receipt Date of <RD>.

On <job change date>, well after my I-485 application had been pending for over 180 days, I changed employers and accepted a position with <New Employer>. The position is a permanent one, has similar job duties, and offers a salary of <New Salary>. A letter from my current employer outlining the job duties and salary is included with this letter.

According to the provisions of the American Competitiveness of 21st century signed as law on October 17, 2000, and subsequent memo dated June 29 2001 on the American competitiveness in the Twenty First Century Act and related legislation, from the Office of the Executive Associate commissioner of Legacy INS, change of employment is permitted in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudication. That memo lists two preconditions for eligibility to change jobs: (a) I-485 is pending unadjudicated for 180 days or more and (b) the new job is in the similar occupational classification as the job for which the certification was initially made in section 106(c).

Pursuant to the guidelines of the law and memo cited above, and my eligibility based on the fact that my I-485 application has been pending unadjudicated for more than 180 days and the new job is in the same occupational classification, I request that USCIS continue processing my I485 application and adjudicate favorably. I would be glad to provide any additional information if required by your office.

Sincerely

<ur name>

Enclosures
Company Balance Sheet (proof of ability to pay)
Employment Offer/Support letter from <New employer>
Copy of I140 Approval
Copy of I485 receipt
Copy of the employment authorization
Pay Stubs
DOT Code job description printout

how about letter from employer who filed for GC process....

As I have seen some posts where USCIS asking for letter from the employer who filed for GC process showing that they will have a position after the applicant gets GC kind of future employment assurance.

Does someone have any format for this scenario.

I am thinking about switching to AC-21 but also planning to get a letter from my sponsered company just incase if USCIS asks for it at the time of 485 approval showing that I will get my job again after getting the green card.

I appreciate your help.

thanks,

How much u guys are paying ( those who are using attorneys) for AC21 letter and reply to RFE if any ?
Murthy is charging 1500$ which i think is too high....

usabal (www.usabal.com) tried to get $800 from me for AC21 docs. But I suspect I had discount because my sponsoring employer paid for the whole imm. process in advance.

neha72 said:
How much u guys are paying ( those who are using attorneys) for AC21 letter and reply to RFE if any ?
Murthy is charging 1500$ which i think is too high....

That is the rate Murthy had quoted for me as well.. I believe Rajiv is close to that too.. Local attorneys quoted between 500 to 800, and I am using one of them. Unless your case is real complicated, I would suggest going with a highly accessible local attorney - saves a lot of follow-up hassle and $$.

One way or the other, make sure u do not commit to an hourly rate set-up. Negotiate for a fixed $ amount to cover all RFEs, AC-21, EAD/AP renewals etc..

Goodluck.

-ab

AC21 Portability

:confused:
I am also running through same scenario except My labor is a substitued one and I am already on EAD (My H1 6 Years is over)

These are my details

Labor Substitution EB3

I140 approved in May 2003.

My I485 filed in Aug 2003. (My Attorney wanted me to wait for the 140 approval)

My Job title is similar (not the same).

EAD on Oct 2003 and H1 valid till April 2004.

After that I am using my EAD.

I am trying to find out the options available.

Any help is appreciated.

I-140 Question

-

I-140 /EB3 -NEBRASKA OCT 16,2003 -Pending
I-485 - NOV 06,2003
EAD Approved - dec 16,2003
Finger print - may 25,2004 , status updated

When iam on pending I-140 , can i switch to a different company using AC-21 ?

Your responses most appreciated

shanmugam1174 said:
-

I-140 /EB3 -NEBRASKA OCT 16,2003 -Pending
I-485 - NOV 06,2003
EAD Approved - dec 16,2003
Finger print - may 25,2004 , status updated

When iam on pending I-140 , can i switch to a different company using AC-21 ?
------NO, you need I-140 to get approved AND I-485 pending more than 180 days to use AC21
Your responses most appreciated