AC21- Case I-485 Approved.......

1 485

hi guys
any new updates on the portability rule?
how soon after I 140 is filed can we change jobs?
Does the job title, description and salary have to be the same?
thanks

I believe that it has to do with labor certification. You are only allowed to work at the location that you got your LC for.

Raju

Not true. AC21 specifies no location just a same or similar job and a timelapse of 180 days (as long as I140 is approved).

Toonarmy

Hi Toonarmy(Employers form 1120)

Hi Toonarmy,
I read your RFE details. What is the Employers form 1120 . IS this a Employer Tax return Form for the year 2001, 2002, 2003.

Please write more about your rfe. it looks very complicated. They have asked for all documents.

I am very much afraid of low tax return for 2003. It is only 15K( with GC sponsering employer). In 2004, i changed employer wroking for new company (Same as LC salary & same job title).

What are the complications of above 15k tax return.

Thanks
sank

mereguru---yes

i had to because my EAD was expiring...had filed for H1 transfer and worked for some time on H1..after EAD apporoval..AOS again

-Rama

AC21 - will it work for me?

On this web site I found many of you are really very helpful and informative. I have a question:

I left my I140/I485 (concurrent) filing company (company A) with their concent (to continue my filing) before I got my I140 approved but after completing 180 days of my I485 filing and joined another company (Company B).

Now, my I140 is about to be approved. Do I need to file AC21 after I get I140 approval? Do I need to inform Company B about it?

Thanks & Regards

copies...

can you please send me a copy f yar ac21 letter and otehr related letters please. i am in the same situation as yars.

kshathrya@comcast.net

btw, does anyone know a good AC21 lawyer (somone who has successfully filed couple of AC21 cases)
what is involved in AC21.

Hey,
While using AC21, can someone tell me if the new job description needs to be similar to the old one and thats enough or even the job title needs to be same? What if at one place its LEad Software Engineer and at other place its Lead ANalyst? Though the jobs are actually similar (mostly sleeping:)

bgadicha, the descriptions should be very similar to the approved 140. Hoever, the position name would not make much difference.

FYI, the two jobs are in reality completely different from each other. DOnt try to generalize that they are same and also that they involve sleeping.

Mine doesnt and so are several whose isnt.

Need Help

Can someone shed light on this.....

I just got my LC approved from CA. I am about to file for my I140/I485. My manager recommended me for a promotion. But my lawyer rejected it saying it could create an issue with my GC.

The title with which my LC was filed is Senior Developer, which is under software engineer category. The promotion in line is Principal software Engineer. The job description is almost the same with some additional responsibilities. Can we use AC-21 for this?

Ladyluck said:
Can someone shed light on this.....

I just got my LC approved from CA. I am about to file for my I140/I485. My manager recommended me for a promotion. But my lawyer rejected it saying it could create an issue with my GC.

The title with which my LC was filed is Senior Developer, which is under software engineer category. The promotion in line is Principal software Engineer. The job description is almost the same with some additional responsibilities. Can we use AC-21 for this?

Your lawyer is obviously a jerk and needs a makeover :mad:

Relax Krishna, Don't take it personal. bgadicha was clearly trying to be humorous.