AC21 - Can I move jobs from Maryland to California

gcpappu

I intend to use the AC21 rule and change employers. I have an approved I140 and my I485 has been pending more tha 180 days. My application is filed with the Vermont Service Center. My question is, can I move to a job that is in California ? If I can, will my application be transferred to CSC from VSC ?

Thank you.

AC21 has no geographical limitations.
Sometimes the applications get transferred other times they don't.
HTH

I intend to use the AC21 rule and change employers. I have an approved I140 and my I485 has been pending more tha 180 days. My application is filed with the Vermont Service Center. My question is, can I move to a job that is in California ?
---YES
If I can, will my application be transferred to CSC from VSC ?
----- Not necessarily 90 % chances they may not transfer. Once you move to CA
1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide then your EAC# of I-485 or any pending petitions with VSC, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#
3 write letter to VSC for address change on your I-485 or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter. Send the letter to VSC with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE
*** Do the all123
** If you hire new lawyer then fill up new G28
* If retain the past lawyer then update your address because the FP notice copy or I-485 approval will come to him and if any RFE that will also come to him.

sb_tiger & ginnu - Thank you !

One more folllow-up question along the same lines. Do we know in which cases the files could be transferred and when not ? Or is it random (like a lot of the INS stuff) ?

Processing at CSC seems to be a slower than that at VSC. Will a case transfer to CSC impact the overall approval timeframe for my case ?

Thanks.

Do we know in which cases the files could be transferred and when not ? Or is it random (like a lot of the INS stuff) ?

-----USCIS has no logic they can transfer on randomly or if any issue or questions to be asked and interview is needed, some time they transfer to give some work to local USCIS office. only5% cases are transfred

Transfer?

Is transfer good in speeding up your 485 process?
What side effects can it trigger?