AC 21 - Urgent Help

NaagaMalli

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I need your help to decide any thing.

Consulting Company Name : ABC Systems
Client : Fred. Mortgage
Consulting Company Attorney who filed my Green Card: Ram

My I140 got approved in Oct'04 in Texas, and filed 485 in Nov'04 from Vermont. Two different centers because Consulting company comes under Texas, client comes under Vermont.
I got an offer from the client for a better pay and benefits. So i decided to join from July 28th. I informed to my employer. He didn't agree(we all know why).
I contacted my Attorney regarding filing of AC21. He said that there is no such thing. If at all INS ask for the support letter then the new company has to provide the support letter that's all.
But as per the forums, if i am not wrong we need to inform to INS. Not sure what to do at this point.

Do i need to hire a different attorney for filing AC21 or can i send the documents directly to INS.

Can you guys please suggest me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
NaagaMalli said:
Guys, I need your help to decide any thing.

Consulting Company Name : ABC Systems
Client : Fred. Mortgage
Consulting Company Attorney who filed my Green Card: Ram

My I140 got approved in Oct'04 in Texas, and filed 485 in Nov'04 from Vermont. Two different centers because Consulting company comes under Texas, client comes under Vermont.
I got an offer from the client for a better pay and benefits. So i decided to join from July 28th. I informed to my employer. He didn't agree(we all know why).
I contacted my Attorney regarding filing of AC21. He said that there is no such thing. If at all INS ask for the support letter then the new company has to provide the support letter that's all.
-------------- if the I-485 is approved BEFORE you invoke AC21 then it will be approved for the employer who filed I-140 and provided job offer letter with I-485 filing. If I am in your situation I will invoke AC21 and send New employer permanent job offfer letter with same /similar job duties so that I-485 gets approved based on AC21 or new employer job offer letter
But as per the forums, if i am not wrong we need to inform to INS. Not sure what to do at this point. Can you guys please suggest me.

Thanks

Thanks a lot Ginnu.

Thanks a lot Ginnu.

Do i need to hire a different attorney to file AC21 or can i send the offer letter my self. Why because my existing attorney is telling me that, if INS ask for supprt of employment then we will send. What do you suggest.

Thanks

NaagaMalli said:
Thanks a lot Ginnu.

Do i need to hire a different attorney to file AC21 or can i send the offer letter my self.
---------------- you can send directly or through any lawyer
Why because my existing attorney is telling me that, if INS ask for supprt of employment then we will send.
-------------- ask him/her that if I-485 gets approved for the employer who filed I-140 and provided job offer letter with I-485 filing what you will do? you need to work for that employer after I-485 approval.even if USCIS send RFE or NOID it takes time to send RFE or NOID than time in the mail then the lawyer will charge more for NOID then again time in the mail and again the officer has to pull up your file. why not to send now? it can be in your file so that when officer looks at your file every info/update is in the file ? ask your lawyer what is the harm if you update the USCIS now??

What do you suggest.
---------------- I will send now and will not waste time for approval or to get RFE or NOID then reply and pay more to lawyer. I will do it without lawyer and will not discuss anything with past company lawyer who filed I-140
Thanks
* if you are going to mail AC21 request directly then you need to send Cover letter with your name,A#, pending I-485# your DOB, sign the cover letter with date and request to invoke AC21+ new employer future permanent job offfer letter with same/similar job duties+copy of I-485 filing reciept. send the envelope with certified mail to service center where your I-485 is pending and out side the envelope write in big bold letters : request to invoke AC21 with pending I-485
** keep the copy of each page that you send.