AC 21 questions

aravind741

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

I took a new job in Oct 2003. I had filed my I-485 on Jan 30th 2003. I talked to my lawyer and said that I need to file AC21. He asked me to send employment letter from new employer. I told that I have a different title. He said it might cause a problem. Is that true? Also my pay is some 15% less even though I get more benefits than my old company. Do I have to send a letter to INS stating my job change ?

Thank you all.

ara741

Originally posted by aravind741
Hello Gurus,

I took a new job in Oct 2003. I had filed my I-485 on Jan 30th 2003. I talked to my lawyer and said that I need to file AC21. He asked me to send employment letter from new employer.

---- lawyer is correct
I told that I have a different title. He said it might cause a problem. Is that true?
---- job title may or may not create problems but skill should be same/similar as on approved LC
Also my pay is some 15% less even though I get more benefits than my old company.
---------------Latest AC21 memo does not say anything regarding wages or location change, remember GC is for FUTURE permenent job

Do I have to send a letter to INS stating my job change ?

it is better if you send your intent change letter that states you are working with new employer and would like to work with them permanently after I-485 approval and would like to use AC21 AND also send the letter from new employer that they have future permanent job for you and attach copy of your I-485 and on cover letter write your I-485 # your name, DOB and A# send it to service center where your I-485 is pending with registred return reciept.

You can have a different title

Aravind741:
I used AC21 and got my I-485 approved last month. Here are my details:
1. Moved to a different service center
2. Different title
3. Exactly the same job description as mentioned in the labor (this is most important)
4. Salary more/less the same
5. Informed proactively

Hope this helps.

do I have to use a lawyer/ special form?

AXP, Ginnu

Do I have to use a lawyer to file AC21?
Is there any special form that I have to fill when I am sending information regarding new employment to INS nebraska service center.

What is the correct mailing address for NSC?

Thank you again

aravind741

Re: do I have to use a lawyer/ special form?

Originally posted by aravind741
AXP, Ginnu

Do I have to use a lawyer to file AC21?
--- you cando it your self or take the help of lawyer it depends on you
Is there any special form
------ no FORM needed
that I have to fill when I am sending information regarding new employment to INS nebraska service center.

read what you need to send
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121669
What is the correct mailing address for NSC?
------ go to NSC site and mail the letter to address that is for I-485 filing
Thank you again

aravind741