AC-21 process myself/spouse

esh_nyc

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I am from UK and my wife and I have filed for a green card under EB-3 (employment based) category with priority date February 7, 2007
Our I-140 has been approved and it has been more than 180 days since I have filed for the I-485.
AP & EAD are current.

My question is, if I am changing jobs will I need to report USCIS through AC-21?
How would this affect my wife’s status?
Will this affect the renewal our AP & EAD documents?
Does filing for AC-21 jeopardize the process in any way?

I would appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Hi!

I am from UK and my wife and I have filed for a green card under EB-3 (employment based) category with priority date February 7, 2007
Our I-140 has been approved and it has been more than 180 days since I have filed for the I-485.
AP & EAD are current.

My question is, if I am changing jobs will I need to report USCIS through AC-21?

I would appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

Thanks
What do you mean by "we"?
who is the Primary ?
LC was filed for you or your wife?
I-140 by employer was filed for you or your wife.
You are on H1 status or your wife is on H1 status.
Provide full details.

I am the primary.
LC filed under my name.
I-140 filed by the employer for me.

My wife and I are not on H1 status. We are one Advance Parole and EAD.

Sorry, if I wasn’t clear. This is my first time here. Thanks for looking at my questions and concerns.

You should, but it is not mandatory. The danger if you don't report the job change is that USCIS might deny your I-485 if the employer asks them to revoke the I-140 and you have not reported the job change.

As long as your I-485 is alive, your wife's I-485 and the AP and EAD for both of you remain valid (until they expire, of course, and then you can renew).
If the next job does not meet the "same or similar" criteria your I-485 may be denied.

I want to thank you all for your quick response. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I think USCIS should link this website to their site as they are incapable & incompetent with helping people.

esh_nyc,
If USCIS website is totally clear and informative, then we would not have been a part of this forum in the first place. ginnu, RealCanadian and a selected few are the virtual experts that visitors and members, greatly rely upon.