AC-21 Case approved after RFE – ND – 9/17/2003

sunderGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

First Thanks for all valuable inputs from folks like Ginnu, hmd and many others.

My case was approved on 10th March 2005. There was a twist and churn in processing after I changed my job using AC-21 in July 2004.

My previous employer’s lawyer withdrew himself from the case and sent letter to INS. I had to hire my own lawyer and submit G-28.

I submitted AC-21 letter voluntarily after my new lawyer advised me to do so. In spite of that got RFE in Dec. 2004. Replied it and then kept waiting until last Friday.

The period just after changing job and employer was most stressful. Had to take risk and it was for the whole family. But Thank God, every thing went well and all my family’s GC is approved today.

Thanks once again to Rajiv and all Forum moderators, members for their guidance.

Congrats. What is U R priority date and what catergory. Did you change your job with in same service center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Service center VSC, EB3 - RIR

Hi murthytvsn,

Category - EB3 RIR
Labor from PA
PD - Aug 2001

Rest of the details in Signature

Good Luck.

Hi SunderGC

Congrats

I am going through the same turmoil...

Mine is a labor substitution case... My I140 was approved in March 2003 and I changed my job after I485 has been pending for more than 180 days.. I sent AC21 letters the following month and my old employer also sent revoking letters. Ever since he sent my file is kind of stuck..

There was a LUD change in Nov 2004 both on my I485 and I140 and when i called them they said they have a letter to deny I140 and I485 because old employer sent cancellation. But till today i did not get letter and my I140 online message still says "case approved blah blah" and my I485 message says "Received FP blah blah"..

My question is when ur employer sent cancellation letter did the lud of I140 and I485 change or not

Ever since i changed jobs i am going through lot of nightmares and i dont know when my nightmares will stop..

I seriously think changing jobs is not a good idea...

What is your Lawyer Saying

Hi,

I feel the pain you are going thru. Who could understand better? But be assured that every thing will fall in its place soon.

Just have Patience. Work closely with your lawyer. In my opinion if you had already sent AC-21 letters on your own (voluntarily / before getting an RFE) then you are covered. It’s only a matter of putting the documents to gether and sending them to VSC through your Lawyer.

I think your Lawyer needs to act swiftly on this. In my case I had got the advice of two lawyers before switching my job. Then after completing two months of employment with new employer, I collected all pay stubs, draft letter from one of the Posts here from hmd. Drafted my own letter and sent the documents to VSC with return receipt.

Its unfortunate that I got RFE any way. But at least I had covered my self by sending my intent to use AC-21.

See, in life you have to do certain things and be prepared to face the consequences. Just face them bravely. Its not being pessimist but I had prepared my self and my family to go back just in case. I had my bags packed at one point. You got to do what you got to do. I had decided, I will go down fighting rather than being a helpless, exploited for money consultant.

But life has its own surprises. So just hang in there and keep praying. Don’t just keep praying. Follow aggressively with your lawyer. He is the strongest and most important link that you need to hold on to.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank u SunderGC

Thank u for ur assuring words

I did send AC21 papers right after collecting two months pay stubs.. I do have an acknowledgement from US postal service that says USCIS has received the documents on Aug 18 2004

Hopefully everything turns well... My only concern is it is a substitute labor and i dont know whether that can cause any issue

Fight for your rights

Dont depend on any body's Mercy.

It is your right to change job if you are exploited. This is the real meaning of freedom in this country.

Khud hi ko kar bulaand Itna
Ke har takdir likhne se pehle,
Khuda har bande se puche
Bata teri raza kya hai

Aadab!!

Hi,
I would like to use AC21 but it is for contract to hire position. Do you think there is any risk involved in going for contract to hire. Please advise. - Thanks