Absence of leave from a university

Nov27-01

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

I would appreciate a response from somebody that is in the same situation as mine.

My I485 EB application is close to adj. (RD: Nov 27, 2001), but it has been transferred to the local office.

I work for a University and I was granted an "absence of leave" for one year and work as a "visitor", after which I can come back and continue to work for the current (sponsoring) employer.

Can somebody tell me whether this absence of leave might complicate my GC approval?

I would really appreciate a response from somebody who is knowledgeable of this subject?

Thanks

Yes it will. The local office might demand recent paystubs and if it is normal for the institution to grant such 1 year leave (with salary?) to every employer, then you should be fine.
You are expected to work for the sponsoring employer after GC approval.
You will be taking a risk.

Hi Jaxen, and thanks for your opinion.

In the academic area, everyone is entitled to one-year leave after a number of years of service. The 1-year leave that I want to have is to work for 1 AY for another university (of course, with payment from new employer) and then I intend to come back to the sponsoring employer.

Any others in similar situation?