about h4

rrguptas

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am here on h1-b visa. i came here after my marriage. My spouse applied for H4 visa at New Delhi ,India with all the documents required for H4 but his visa has been rejected.
he was asked to reapply with three new docs...
1. letter from my employer about h4
2.letter from his employer in india about leave of absence
3. my spouse name on my past port.

I will like to ask if there is any such document which is still required to prove my case as now my husband is having
last chance as second refusal will debar him from applying for next 2 years

Can I ask you if the consulate asked you to provide employment letter which specifically states that the letter is for the purpose of applying for H4?
I wanted to know if they asked for empl. letter because you had not provided that the first time or because they want the letter in a different format?

TIA.

I think the list sums it up. Make sure that the letters requested are submitted . Unless the US consulate finds a new reason for denial, if all the documents requested are submitted, you have greater chance of approval.

The general list consists of H1 : proof of employment, paystubs etc. and H4 applicant: no previous visa denial, not a doctor or an obvious h1 potential candidate...

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife H-4 Visa also got rejected although she had all the required documents.

The consular officer asked her to furnish the following additional details::

1.) Marriage Photo album (She had brought marriage photographs).
2.) Her name to be endorsed on my passport. (My name is already there in her passport, looks like that is not sufficient)
3.) Letter from company about H-4. (She already has an employment verificationletter from my company, looks like that is also not sufficient)
4.) W-2 forms for all current employees of US company; photographs of US company(inside and out);
company prospectus, brochures or annual report. These should be brought in by the applicant.
The Embassy will not accept documents received directly from the company.
(If confidentiality is an issue, please bring documents in a sealed envelope.)

I have managed to get the first three requirements.
But the fourth requirement is quite odd.
My comppany has flatly refused to give me "W-2 forms for all current employees".
Now what should I do??????

Jaxen
thanks for your reply.
my spouse has once get H1-b approved by INS about 1 1/2 year ago but never applied for that.

Can this create the problem for him .

If your company can't give you w-2 forms for all the employees (of course, no company will give that !), you can atleast ask your company to provide you a letter declining your request. You can use this letter for your next interview with consular officer and argue about that requirement. Your own w-2 forms should be enough if all other required documents are in place.

Also, there are many cases, where officers ask to show pictures of your company building and yourself in it...just want to make sure the company exists and you are working for it. If you have all these documentation, I don't think you should have any problem ! make sure you have enough papers before you go for next interview....good luck.

list of documents

Hi,

Please tell us what happened at the interview. Would you give me a complete list of all the documents required for H4 stamping in New Delhi Consulate as I plan to get it stamped next week. Do they ask for recent photographs ?

thanks

Thanks everyone for your help . My spouse got H4 approve . I personally went for an interview with my spouse .They didn't ask or see papers that they ask for .I feel personal appearances of H1 at the time of visa stamping of H4 facilitates the case.BUt they only allow your to appear for an interview with H4 if you are also applying your visa .

Thanks everyone for your help . My spouse got H4 approve . I personally went for an interview with my spouse .They didn't ask or see papers that they ask for .I feel personal appearances of H1 at the time of visa stamping of H4 facilitates the case.BUt they only allow you to appear for an interview with H4 if you are also applying your visa .

H4 Letter

Can someone tell me the what should be format for H4 letter from company. I thought of taking letter from company for my employment. I am getting married in April and I need to get H4 for my wife. Please help.

Thanks in Advance,

VJ