• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

about DV interview

krisu don't worry. if you had real relationship why worry? relax man :)

this is what i will take near me before interview.

1- photos of wedding ceremony at my home town.
2- photos of wedding ceremony at my wife's home town.
3- some e-mails from past that we called eachother "my love"
4- photo of my proposal
5- photos of our switzerland vacation
6- bank transactions that she sent me $3000 in 2011.

+1

I've seen people take their chat logs to the interview.

One thing that can help tremendously is a joint account with a substantial deposit.

Hi guys
I went to the embassy on time "the exact time written on my 2nd NL"
They call me first to collect all the documents, I was ready with all the documents. It took like an hour, then they ask me to finger print and to pay money.
Then they ask me to wait till they call me to meet the consular, then they call me back after 10 min,
The whole interview didn't take more than 10 mins then he said " Congratulation " :)
Thanks God :)
Good luck for all
Just make sure guys that u collect all the required documents,
Regards,

Congratulations, I just have a quick question. How do you receive the 2nd letter? do you get it through mail, or email, or via the status check website? Thank you all.

congratulation broda

Hi guys
I went to the embassy on time "the exact time written on my 2nd NL"
They call me first to collect all the documents, I was ready with all the documents. It took like an hour, then they ask me to finger print and to pay money.
Then they ask me to wait till they call me to meet the consular, then they call me back after 10 min,
The whole interview didn't take more than 10 mins then he said " Congratulation " :)
Thanks God :)
Good luck for all
Just make sure guys that u collect all the required documents,
Regards,

Am really happy for u,d consular didn't ask u any question.........really happy for u.

OK so you both will face some additional scrutiny about your marriage. They will want to see evidence that the relationship is real and not just an attempt to take advantage of the DV lottery win. You should provide photos of the wedding ceremony, old photos, letters or anything that demonstrates you had a relationship prior to the lottery win. Take care with gathering this evidence as they will be very wary of the timing...

shall my husband will go for interview with me and take medical?

Yes all applicants and derivatives (spouse, children) are required to have the medical and attend the interview.

britsimon did u get my question? the form i send for KCC dosenot include my husband am married on September

britsimon did u get my question? the form i send for KCC dosenot include my husband am married on September

OK then here is what you should do.

First of all - let me say this. IF there is any way that your marriage is not real, and someone persuaded you that it was a good idea to help someone out with your win - DO NOT proceed with the case any further. They are going to be suspicious of this change in circumstances and you will be signing sworn statements in front of them. So unless those statements and the marriage is true, you will be on very dangerous ground. Just wanted to be clear about that - not trying to judge you or your marriage.

So assuming you want to proceed you should send (via email to KCC) a DS230 form filled out for your husband. Depending on you case number or whether yuou already have an appointment that email may not be looked at but it is important you let them know about your marriage - you should already have done so.

Next, yes you would go to the interview with your husband when that is scheduled. If KCC have had time to update your file then the appointment will mention him as your derivative. As you are the selectee, your husband doesn't have to be qualified as you do, but you will I am sure both face tough questions about your marriage. You will also be asked about your plans to support yourselves and so on. As mentioned before you need to take well documented evidence about your relationship. If you fail to convince them that the marriage is genuine you won't get your visa and you may face charges.

let me explain
1, I appoint for interview soon
2, am getting married on September
3, I have a pic before 2 yr
so the Kcc didn't know am married so did my husband go with me for interview or not and the marriage is real

let me explain
1, I appoint for interview soon
2, am getting married on September
3, I have a pic before 2 yr
so the Kcc didn't know am married so did my husband go with me for interview or not and the marriage is real

OK so send forms to KCC by email and your husband should attend the interview.

my interview appointment is on November 1st so can i send the form?

Last edited by a moderator:
my interview appointment is on November 1st so can i send the form?

SEND THE FORM!!!!
SEND THE FORM!!!!
SEND THE FORM!!!!
SEND THE FORM!!!!

The reason I am saying that is because you need to make sure you can demonstrate you have done everything you can to alert them to your change of status. It doesn't matter if your updated form doesn't get sent to the embassy, it is too late to do anything about that - but the fact that you tried to alert KCC will be in your favour. Print out proof of the email and take that to your interview. The sooner the better!!!

SEND THE FORM!!!!
SEND THE FORM!!!!
SEND THE FORM!!!!
SEND THE FORM!!!!

The reason I am saying that is because you need to make sure you can demonstrate you have done everything you can to alert them to your change of status. It doesn't matter if your updated form doesn't get sent to the embassy, it is too late to do anything about that - but the fact that you tried to alert KCC will be in your favour. Print out proof of the email and take that to your interview. The sooner the better!!!

The best thing to do is to alert KCC By sending them the updated form via email period
Don't waste further time.