• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

about ds260

dadile

Hi i won the lottery dv 2019 my case number is from africa 15000 and i have two questions about filling the ds260 form, I'm divorced and my daughter is living with her mother. Do I have to fill out her own form ds260 knowing that I do not want her to travel with me right now? and the second question is about the date of expiration of my passport is 07/2019 do i have to use my current passport or i have to change it ? thank you.

Hi i won the lottery dv 2019 my case number is from africa 15000 and i have two questions about filling the ds260 form, I'm divorced and my daughter is living with her mother. Do I have to fill out her own form ds260 knowing that I do not want her to travel with me right now? and the second question is about the date of expiration of my passport is 07/2019 do i have to use my current passport or i have to change it ? thank you.

1. You add her to your DS260, BUT only create a DS260 for her if she is travelling with you.
2. Use the passport you have to submit your DS260. In a few months you can renew your passport and then update your DS260, or take old and new passports to the interview.

Was the child included on your eDV registration form?

1. You add her to your DS260, BUT only create a DS260 for her if she is travelling with you.
2. Use the passport you have to submit your DS260. In a few months you can renew your passport and then update your DS260, or take old and new passports to the interview.
thank you for your answer i sent the same question to KCC and this is their answer would you please explaine more for me

The principal applicant and all family members from the original entry must complete the form DS-260 and participate in the interview. If your qualified unmarried child will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed. All of your children must be listed on your DS-260 as well.

A passport is required for visa processing, and is therefore required when completing the DS-260. If you update or renew your passport in the future, you can unlock your DS-260 to update the new information. Further details about what this means are available on

thank you for your answer i sent the same question to KCC and this is their answer would you please explaine more for me

The principal applicant and all family members from the original entry must complete the form DS-260 and participate in the interview. If your qualified unmarried child will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed. All of your children must be listed on your DS-260 as well.

A passport is required for visa processing, and is therefore required when completing the DS-260. If you update or renew your passport in the future, you can unlock your DS-260 to update the new information. Further details about what this means are available on

Their response means do what I already told you.

Their response means do what I already told you.
you told me to only create a DS260 for her if she is travelling with you, but they answer me that
all family members from the original entry must complete the form DS-260 and participate in the interview. If your qualified unmarried child will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed. All of your children must be listed on your DS-260 as well.

i listed my daughter on my DS-260 but the problem that i dont want to imigrate with her right now and i will do it later maybe after one year and she is just 5 year old so how she can do the interview alone? my question is : i should fill out her ds260 that it already exists on the web site or not ?

you told me to only create a DS260 for her if she is travelling with you, but they answer me that
all family members from the original entry must complete the form DS-260 and participate in the interview. If your qualified unmarried child will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed. All of your children must be listed on your DS-260 as well.

i listed my daughter on my DS-260 but the problem that i dont want to imigrate with her right now and i will do it later maybe after one year and she is just 5 year old so how she can do the interview alone? my question is : i should fill out her ds260 that it already exists on the web site or not ?

Don’t fill out a separate DS260 form for your daughter if she’s not immigrating right away as your DV derivative. You only need to mention her on your DD260 form. The DS260 is a visa petition form that should only be filled out when requesting a visa.

Of course if your plan is to wait for a year or more before your daughter immigrates, that will cost you a lot more time and money. You will be sponsoring her, and in order to file a family petition to sponsor her, you’ll need to demonstrate you meet certain income requirements. The process currently takes about 2 years to sponsor an immediate family member just so you know. As for how she’ll do the interview, it’s your responsibility to arrange for how she’ll get to the embassy and be interviewed.

Don’t fill out a separate DS260 form for your daughter if she’s not immigrating right away as your DV derivative. You only need to mention her on your DD260 form. The DS260 is a visa petition form that should only be filled out when requesting a visa.

Of course if your plan is to wait for a year or more before your daughter immigrates, that will cost you a lot more time and money. You will be sponsoring her, and in order to file a family petition to sponsor her, you’ll need to demonstrate you meet certain income requirements. The process currently takes about 2 years to sponsor an immediate family member just so you know. As for how she’ll do the interview, it’s your responsibility to arrange for how she’ll get to the embassy and be interviewed.

Thank you for help i just want your advice in your opinion is it a good to immigrate with my daughter or no the problem is i am divorced with her mom and i can't take care of her in usa only, do you think if i marry my ex wife its a good idea for us or will be affected my chance to get a visa?

Thank you for help i just want your advice in your opinion is it a good to immigrate with my daughter or no the problem is i am divorced with her mom and i can't take care of her in usa only, do you think if i marry my ex wife its a good idea for us or will be affected my chance to get a visa?

I can’t tell you if your decision to immigrate without your daughter is a good one or not, you’ll have to figure out what to do on your own based on the information you’ve been provided with. But I can definitely tell you to not even consider getting into a sham marriage for visa purpose talk less of actually doing it. Marrying your ex so that she can get a visa and follow you to the US in order to take care of your daughter will be a fraudulent marriage, it will result in a lifetime ban for you and your ex.

Thank for help so i will not fill out the ds260 form for my daughter because she will not immigrate with me right now and i will be do it later, so what i should answer these questions : is this chilid immigration to the us with you ? and is this child immigrationg to the us at a later date to join you ?

Thank for help so i will not fill out the ds260 form for my daughter because she will not immigrate with me right now and i will be do it later, so what i should answer these questions : is this chilid immigration to the us with you ? and is this child immigrationg to the us at a later date to join you ?

1. No.
2. Yes.