abci, milka, ILOVESAT, 99dear99 - lets track our RFEs

india_485

Registered Users (C)
It seems that our RFE response was received by INS around same day (10/29). Lets keep this thread alive to track our progress.

abci - A question for u

abci,

Did u change your job during the 485 process. If so could you please share the information about how you responded to your RFE. Like employment letter etc.,

I got my RFE issued on Oct 19th, replied on Oct 31st and INS system is not updated yet.
ND 12/1/2000 FP 4/25/01 EB2 RIR India

No Title

indiana jones,

Yes, I changed companies.

I got a letter from my HR of the new company with my job title, salary, date of hire, job description. I also got another letter with just my job description as the content of that letter. After getting this the HRmgr asked me if I needed any more letters :) The RFE wanted 3 paystubs, I gave them 3 months worth of paystubs :)

So in effect, I gave them:

1. Employment Letter
2. Job Description letter
3. Paystubs.

Curiously, I noticed that my RFE was worded, requesting letter from my
current employer not the employer who filed 140 - I do not know if it
is a standard wording for everybody.... I had informed the INS of my
change of employment after the 180 days. My attorney had given me a
sample letter to use then, I used the same.

I sent the letter via FedEx to my attorney (nice lady in Washington
DC may she live long and prosper), who promised me that she will rush
the RFE to the INS. She then gave me the tracking info. The package
arrived at the INS on October 31st and the AVM got updated on Nov 1st.

Thank you - abci

Good that you have a nice attorney who supports you. In my case I have the laziest bum as my attorney. I got my RFE issued on Oct 19th and my attorney received it on Oct 25rd. I acted immediately and sent him all the documents needed for my RFE like employment letter, W2s and tax returns. He received them on Oct 27th (Saturday). Also that idiot is upset that I contacted him if he responded to the RFE. He sent me an email on Oct 31st that he had already responded to the RFE ( no more details ..just one sentence). Since then I have been checking the AVM at VSC and it keeps saying the same old message that an RFE has been generated for me.
When I gave the check to my attorney in the beginning of 485 process he was very glad to accept it and one year down the lane he does not want to be disturbed no advice and nothing. He does not want to be emailed also. I dont know how I ended up with this SOB. I am so frustrated with this person and now it is just more than 5 years for me now waiting for the approval. LIFE SUCKS !!!

I dont know how the AVM gets updated .. looks like from your case they dont have to wait for the weekend to update the AVM (thru a batch job) as suggested by some one on this portal.

Keep this thread alive..

we might here some good news very soon...Please share any update on your cases.

No Title

I have responded to my attorney with my RFE reply last week, he says they will send it to INS by end of this week.

Another RFE case

I am another RFE case. Here are my details.
RD Sep2000, ND Oct2000, EB2, RIR, India
RFE issued on Sep 27th 2001. for G-325A biographic information for both myself and for my wife.
Lawyer responded to RFE on Oct 25th 2001.
AVM updated as RFE response received on Nov 5th ...
Waiting for approval.

Called IIO - today

My attorney told me that he had sent the response to the RFE on or before Oct 31st (I had to derive this from his email to me). I waited till this morning to see if the AVM will be updated with my respose to the RFE. It didnot .. and it sang the same old message that an RFE is generated for me. So I tried the VSC phone and got thru very quickly. I spoke to an IIO there and she told me they have received the respose and it will be updated today. I didnot check the AVM after that, but I am happy that they acknowledged the receipt of the reponse. She also told me (without me asking anymore questions) that it would take 30 to 45 days !!

So thats the news from my side. Good luck to all of us RFE people.

ok...4 weeks....hope to hear something...

Thanks Jones..u can be relieved that atleast they got your RFE response!

Wife\'s case Not Found...is this common

My case updated with requested information received...but wife\'s case is till \'Case NOt found" after FP...Is this common ???

Dec case - Got RFE Nov 2nd as per AVM - Please advise

Just checked AVM. It says RFE was issued for both my wife and I on Nov 2nd. I was laid off after 180 days and I have EAD. My questions are :

1) Will my old company \'s lawyer receive the RFE ? DO I also get a copy so that I know what is in the RFE.

2) If they ask for paystubs for 3 months, can I wait before responding to the RFE.

Any advice would be helpful.

hello ac

i was in same situation as you. responded to RFE with employment letter and pay stubs from new employer.
However my old attorney got the RFE and then passed it on to new attorney.

Thanks abci. Did u ever get a copy of the RFE?

I hope the old lawyer passes on that RFE to me or my new lawyer. How long did it take ?

Ac...

Rfe issued on october 17th.
Attorney got RFE on Oct 24rth(old attorney).passed it on to me.
I saw it got all details and passed it to my new attorney.
You will not get a copy mostly. (only attorney does).

Send reply to RFE oct 31st. AVM updated Nov 1st.....now waiting continues!