A Rush Passport - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

eo23

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I just got my passport today, 3 days after the oath - record time! The key to get it quickly is to have an itinerary showing imminent travel. Infact if I was travelling a day after my oath, they would have given me same day service for $200. I paid an extra $100 and got it in 3 days - not bad!

And if you don't do it expediated you can expect to wait forever like me. Applied at the end of Feb, and as of right now (pretty much May) it's still showing up as being processed. So getting close to 3 months for me. Good thing I never booked any trips...

Wow

Dear all,

I just got my passport today, 3 days after the oath - record time! The key to get it quickly is to have an itinerary showing imminent travel. Infact if I was travelling a day after my oath, they would have given me same day service for $200. I paid an extra $100 and got it in 3 days - not bad!

Congratulations!

So, did you simply pay the extra $60, mark "Expedited" on the envelope and enclose an itenerary showing travel in 4-5 days? Did you have to show proof of PAID travel or jus the itinerary? I will be in the same situation soon and need to know ASAP

Thanks

My first trip as a US citizen was to the UK and I am currently in Egypt!

This is exactly what I did to get the passport in 3 days:

1) Book my travel and have it fully paid (must be paid itinerary)
2) Finish oath
3) Walk over to post office with all necessary documentation and have the letter sealed and verified etc.
4) Take letter and put it in a Fedex package with A Rush Passport Authorization letter outside of main envelope but inside Fedex package
5) Call A Rush Passport to get their address and tell them that you are travelling at date x and they will tell you what service you are eligible for (i.e. same day passport or 2-5 day passport - depending on imminence of travel)
6) Mail Fedex package overnight
7) Call A Rush to confirm etc. and receive return tracking number

Let me know if anyone needs any help, my best suggestion is that if you don't have imminent travel but want to get the passport asap regardless, book a refundable ticket, get the passport and then simply cancel the ticket afterwards.

Total Cost:

Department of State: $157
A Rush Passport: $95

(THESE TWO AMOUNTS ARE SEPARATE - at the post office you will have to make a money order for $157 and then call A Rush and pay them by credit card for the $95 2-5 day passport or $195 for the same day passport)

By the way, the new E-Passports are really sweet!

Good luck to all and keep me posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
eo23,

Thank you for sharing all this information; it's very helpful. Just one question, what exactly is "A Rush Passport"? A private agency that helps you with your passport?

Hi, what exactly you have to get at the post office? What type of letter or documents? Please be specific, thank you much!!!

Check out www.arushpassport.com and travel.state.gov to answer your questions. For the latter website, check out the passport section and find the pdf. application (DS-11) which you can fill on your PC and print it.

Let me know if you need any more help. A Rush Passport is a third party courier which basically hand delivers the applications to the Department of State for immediate processing instead of sending it to them on your own.

Check out www.arushpassport.com and travel.state.gov to answer your questions. For the latter website, check out the passport section and find the pdf. application (DS-11) which you can fill on your PC and print it.

Let me know if you need any more help. A Rush Passport is a third party courier which basically hand delivers the applications to the Department of State for immediate processing instead of sending it to them on your own.

Hi eo23,

Your private message quota seemed to have gone over. Could you let me know your experience with A Rush Passport service? I have my oath ceremony on Aug 2nd and traveling to Europe on Aug 5th. Wondering if I can pull this off. I am in the Boston area.

Thanks and appreciate your response
S.

how did u get ur oath date

Hi eo23,

Your private message quota seemed to have gone over. Could you let me know your experience with A Rush Passport service? I have my oath ceremony on Aug 2nd and traveling to Europe on Aug 5th. Wondering if I can pull this off. I am in the Boston area.

S.

how did u learn of ur oath date did u get the letter at the interview, i passed my test on june 18 and they told me it will be 60-90 days , im just curios how did u know wen ur oath will be?

Why would you pay extra + shipping if in Chicago or Boston it is fairly easy to get an appointment with the passport agency and you get the passport on the same day.. Just call the 877 number and schedule an appointment on the day or morning after your oath.

how did u learn of ur oath date did u get the letter at the interview, i passed my test on june 18 and they told me it will be 60-90 days , im just curios how did u know wen ur oath will be?

I got my oath date right after my interview like a lot of folks.

Why would you pay extra + shipping if in Chicago or Boston it is fairly easy to get an appointment with the passport agency and you get the passport on the same day.. Just call the 877 number and schedule an appointment on the day or morning after your oath.

I think the issue is that it's near impossible to get through the 800 number for the US passport service. Others please chime in if I'm wrong.

Kumar, if you call late (after 10PM) or really early in the morning you get right through to the automated appointment line, then select 'first available appointment' or 'particular day'.

Kumar, if you call late (after 10PM) or really early in the morning you get right through to the automated appointment line, then select 'first available appointment' or 'particular day'.

Thanks, will try that. I am going to give them a call and see if I can make an appointment in advance (looks like the automated system takes request only for folks traveling within 7 days). For reference the Automated Appointment Number is 1-877-487-2778

Hi eo23,

S.

Yes you can pull it off, call the 1800 number for A Rush passport and they will tell you what to do, they even have an overnight service. You don't have to get an appointment with the passport agency and you don't have to wait 2 weeks to receive it in the mail.