• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A question about DV-2008 interview

Odaiba

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I am a DV-2008 winner and i sent the primary application forms to KCC in early May this year. but i have not yet received any response from them. i am getting a bit nervous. Is there someone in the same position as me? should i ask KCC about the next step (i think an interview)? or i should still wait more to receive some package from them?

Thanks in advance.

What's your Case Number ? You need to find out from the visa bulletin when your number will be current then you will know when to expect an interview and thus when you should expect to receive a second package from KCC.

you will not get any notification that your documents were received. The only notification you are going to get is an invitation to an interview. Sometimes it gets lost, or it is too late. It is your responsibility to look at the visa bulletin and make sure to contact KCC when your case number becomes current to find out your interview date. You need to prepare your interview documents in advance.

This link isn't the link to the visa bulletin, the visa bulletin is here: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html
If your number in section B is below the number that is shown for your region, your number is current in October (= you will probably, but not necessarily, have your interview in that month). If your number in section C (advanced notification) is below the number that is shown, your number is current in November. Once you see that your number is current in the advanced notification, you can contact KCC and they tell you your interview date if it has been scheduled. If your number isn't current yet, wait and check the next bulletin.

Thank you to reply.
my Case number is 2008AS000037XX.

i checked the site of October bulletin, http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=263935 , but i couldnt realize how is my position.
I do not know when is my interview date and if i ask KCC immediately.
thanks for your help in advance.

cn for AS for the month of November is 3500... So u have to wait till november bulletin for december interview comes out, which will be in two weeks time:

good luck

This link isn't the link to the visa bulletin, the visa bulletin is here: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html
If your number in section B is below the number that is shown for your region, your number is current in October (= you will probably, but not necessarily, have your interview in that month). If your number in section C (advanced notification) is below the number that is shown, your number is current in November. Once you see that your number is current in the advanced notification, you can contact KCC and they tell you your interview date if it has been scheduled. If your number isn't current yet, wait and check the next bulletin.

My dear
My case number is 2008EU000005XX, and I checked visa bulletin for October wich is 5800 for Europe and for november is 9600 , and I called KCC twice, they told me to call them back on October 20 2007, tell me where I am for interview

From what I have read in this forum, this is nothing to worry about, especially not when the fiscal year is just about to start. Even if your number is current, it can be that your embassy cannot schedule an interview yet if they don't have time available, or maybe you sent your forms back later than others... Just call KCC on October 20. Make sure you have your police certificates already.

My dear
My case number is 2008EU000005XX, and I checked visa bulletin for October wich is 5800 for Europe and for november is 9600 , and I called KCC twice, they told me to call them back on October 20 2007, tell me where I am for interview

try e- mail and quote ur name and case number; maybe e-mail will work

pls is good for all to update his or her signature so that we know how things goes;

Last edited by a moderator:
My signature?
Ist it this what you mean as follow
2008EU000005XX
recieved:10.05.2007
send bacj 06.06.2007
confirmatio from KCC by e-mail
Waitting for second package

My signature?
Ist it this what you mean as follow
2008EU000005XX
recieved:10.05.2007
send bacj 06.06.2007
confirmatio from KCC by e-mail
Waitting for second package

Hmmm, your number is pretty low, but I guess they didn't schedule your interview for September. Get all docs ready and call/email them again now, and after October 15.

hi please i need ur help,as a single applicant in the DV can i include my maid,nephew or niece in my lottery application wihile applying on net

hi please i need ur help,as a single applicant in the DV can i include my maid,nephew or niece in my lottery application wihile applying on net

Tolu, I find some of your questions to be very confusing indeed. Are you not a current (2008) DV winner? Your previous posts seems to indicate such. Why then would you ask such a question? Even if you are asking on behalf of someone, as a previous winner I would think you know the rules of the DV Lottery :rolleyes:

Tolu, I find some of your questions to be very confusing indeed. Are you not a current (2008) DV winner? Your previous posts seems to indicate such. Why then would you ask such a question? Even if you are asking on behalf of someone, as a previous winner I would think you know the rules of the DV Lottery :rolleyes:

*islandgirl* read this

Hi baba aladura i know you are now in the US. please i need your advice. i played the DV 2008 as single but i included my elder sisters dauther 11 years as at that time,now that am married i have posted all documents to KCC, MY marrage certificat,pictures taken on the weeding day passport photos of my wife and the girl indicating that she's not my biological child through her name.I hope this is not an issue? please i want to hear from you as soon as possible.
Thanks, tolu. my NL No is 2008AF000012xx. is it low or high, will i be interviewed early.