• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

a problem about Date of Birth

azi

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a winner of DV-2007. Recently I have received my notification letter and first pocket.

My case number is 2007AS00004XXX.

I have a problem and it would be appreciated if you give me a hand: In online application, haphazardly, I have submitted my Date of Birth incorrectly (just one day different from the correct date).

What do you think? Is it a real problem in my application process? What can I do? I'm really worried about the matter!

AZI

Re:problem about Date of Birth

please be persistent in ensuring that KCC rectifies the error. And even when they say its been rectified, double-check with ur Local american embassy after u have been scheduled for an intvw. That way u wont pay $375 on intvw day only to be deemed ineligible. thats exactly what happened to a friend who thought he had the problem sorted because he had written KCC about a llittle discrepancy in his d.o.b

Dear friends
I need your help.
I am 2011 DV Lottery Winners. But Yestarday I found out that when completing the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form I made an error in the date of birth: instead of January of February.
How does this error affect the fate of my card and whether there is an opportunity to correct a mistake? Thank You

My friend didn't find out until she called KCC that her birth year was wrong when she entered the DV lottery. As you can see in my signature, she received the GC without any questions asked since she sent all the proof of the mistake to KCC later on and also wrote a letter explaining the mistake. On all her other papers (DL, Passports, Int. Birth certificate, etc.) is her birth year correct. It was switched with her siblings birth year. As stated...no questioned asked about it probable since the proof was overwhelming and people make errors. It could be different if the passport and birth certificate have different names and/or dates.

a serious problem about year of birth

I am a winner of DV-2014 and I have a problem and it would be appreciated if you give me a hand:
In 3/5/2013 while checking the result, I found that I had mistakenly entered 1994 instead of 1984 as my Year of Birth (I clicked wrong, that was just a human error).
Meanwhile, last year I entered my correct YOB and my evidence exists in their 3013 documentary.
What do you think? Is it a real problem in my application process? What can I do? I'm really worried about the matter!

I am a winner of DV-2014 and I have a problem and it would be appreciated if you give me a hand:
In 3/5/2013 while checking the result, I found that I had mistakenly entered 1994 instead of 1984 as my Year of Birth (I clicked wrong, that was just a human error).
Meanwhile, last year I entered my correct YOB and my evidence exists in their 3013 documentary.

I am also worried, but I don't want to disappoint you. Wait till your interview, and discuss the matter with the consular office during the interview, and see what the results will be. Wishing you best of luck!

thank you for your attention

I am also worried, but I don't want to disappoint you. Wait till your interview, and discuss the matter with the consular office during the interview, and see what the results will be. Wishing you best of luck!

thank you for your attention.
do you have any special advice for me?

thank you for your attention.
do you have any special advice for me?

Well bro, I would advise you to collect all the evidence and go to your interview, and discuss it with the consular officer. If you convicen the consular officer, then you will get the visa, otherwise you will lose 330USD. That's all that I can say, I am not a lawyer. Best of luck!

for my special case is it good to consult a lawyer?

Yes, you can also contact a professional, see what he has to say. He will definitely make a strong case for you. But, remember one thing! Never try to lie and hide anything, say the truth to the consular officer, I am sure there will be some solution to your problem. My best wishes!!!

for my special case is it good to consult a lawyer?

Oh for heavens sake you don't need a lawyer for this. Send an email to KCC (include name, case number, date of birth) and explain you made a typo and want to correct it. They may ask you to send a corrected form or it may be corrected at the consulate when you go for interview.

thanks

thank U 4 response, is it possible to explain more about your suggestion?
have you ever seen the same case like me?

thank U 4 response, is it possible to explain more about your suggestion?
have you ever seen the same case like me?

Also made an error on DS230 form, followed procedure above, they indicated it would be corrected at the interview. Obviously something that is not an obvious typo/ mistake (like some people here who didn't bother listing they were married) would be a problem, but KCC is aware people make mistakes. Email or call them and they will tell you what to do.